Chapter 1

"...mostly cloudy day with a light drizzle-"

Click.

"I wouldn't have if I knew! Jerem-"

Click.

"Horrible tornado hit-"

Click.

"...to the show! Today we have a guest, starring Ja-"

Click.

I drop the remote beside me, pushing myself off my bed.

Making my way to the kitchen, I begin to throw my hair into a loose pony when I hear a creak from the kitchen.

Absently, I halt in my steps, pulling my hair through the last loop of my hair tie. I continue into the kitchen, ignoring the sound.

Grabbing a glass cup, I fill it up with water and take in deep gulps of the cold water.

Another creak.

I whip around but before I can fully turn around to see what's happening, I feel a gloved hand clamp over my mouth, and a body slamming me against the fridge door. Another hand covers my eyes. My eyes widen in panic, my heart beating furiously. I scream through the hands but the sound is muffled, so I aggressively try to pry the fingers off my mouth. The hand covering my eyes comes off and pins my hand down. Breathing hard, I glance at the person's face.

A man stands close to me, his nose and below covered with a black mask. He wears a dark beanie, covering most of his hair, though I can see bits of brown, curly hair on the sides. His eyes are a piercing green, and from the little bit of his face showing, I can already tell he's extremely attractive. His eyes linger on mine, but they drop quickly.

But my mind can't concentrate on useless notes like this. I need to get out of here.

I thrash under the man's grip, but it only gets tighter. Feeling tears prick my eyes, I drop my head, whimpering.

"You're going to do as I say, because there's no way out," he threatens, his voice cunningly deep. 

I squeeze my eyes shut, still whimpering. I could almost faint from the amount of fear that built up so quickly in the span of thirty seconds.

"Got it?"

I can barely do anything. My whole body is shaking, my heart is racing, and there are tears running down my cheeks.

"Got it?' he repeats, pushing me roughly. Terrified, I quickly nod, more tears flowing down my cheeks. 

Seeming satisfied with my nod, he drops his hands, and lets me go. My legs pulsate to flee to the front door. Is it too risky? What if he catches me? He could kill me. He could kill me. He could kill me.

But you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Before I know it, my feet are pounding on the floor, and I'm racing towards my door as fast as my legs will take me. I almost reach the door knob before a hand is already gripping the back of my t-shirt and flinging me back. 

Losing my balance, I feel my body falling to the ground. But before I can brace myself for the hit, two strong arms are wrapped around my waist, pulling me up. My eyes widen, realizing I didn't succeed and that now was probably my time to go.

His arms don't release me. Instead, he pushes me against the wall that's besides the door, and brings his face close to mine. His breathing is slightly heavy but not as heavy as mine. I think I'm breathing so hard from the fear, sprinting, and the fact that there is practically no space left between me and this guy.

I press my head against the wall, trying to leave an inch of space between our faces, though our bodies are sandwiched together.

"What did I tell you?" he whispers. I feel the hot air from his mouth on my ear and I shiver at his voice. How is it so seducing?

I gulp, trying to form my words, but nothing leaves my mouth except a small whimper.

"Try that again, won't you," he says, his mouth hovering beside my ear, before he pulls back and releases me.

My body is still planted on the wall, my back flat on it. Trembling, I just stand there, watching him take a seat on my couch that's in front of me. As he sits down, he pulls off his beanie and mask.

He leans back, his legs open and his head resting on his knuckles. His piercing eyes stay on me, and it's like they're burning into my soul. Seeing his whole face, I was right about him being attractive. In fact, he was so beyond attractive, I couldn't stop myself from blushing.

Shocked at my response to him literally threatening me, I try to shake away those thoughts and focus on the main one.

"Who are you?" I breathe out. My voice comes out quiet and shaky.

The man smirks, almost like I'm supposed to know who he is.

Am I?

"Well, I'm only the best Seducer on the block," he says, with an arrogant grin across his face. I frown, trying to think.

Seducer? Is he a raper? No, no, I saw somewhere...seducer.

My mouth hangs open, the realization hitting me.

He's the infamous seducer whose job is to seduce women into coming with him to God knows where. He gets paid fat bills for every woman he brings back, and each woman has never been heard from again.

But the twist to it is, he has to seduce the woman without touching her that way. He can't give her pleasure, or have sex with her. He can touch her, but not in a very sexual way. His hands can't go close to her private parts or he's fired. He can't kiss her either.

But if the woman does not seem a bit seduced, or affected by him and his touch, she isn't taken, and gets to stay.

Only a few women have been able to stay back but they were either lesbians or asexual. These women have numerously reported to the police about this man but he was never found. Not a trace of him anywhere, even in the country.

 I shake my head, my eyes pleading.

"No. No, no, no, no, please. Please don't do this. I can't be taken-"

I'm cut off by the Seducer's sharp laugh. "You seem confident you'll get seduced," he says, grinning.

I ignore his remark and focus on trying to normalize my breathing. I shut my eyes, my breath still shaky.

You can't go. You can't let yourself be seduced. Don't let him affect you.

My eyes open and I let out a small gasp. He's already in front of me, and once again, he's very close. But not as close as before.

Keeping my eyes on the ground, I try to think of something else. Anything. You can't let him think you're affected by him. You can't.

"Mmm, classic first move. They always look at the ground. I mean, what's so hot about the ground, anyway?" he says. I can feel his eyes on me, and I see his hand reach under my chin and tilt my head up.

Though my head is now facing him, I keep my eyes looking down, away from his face.

"Look at me," he whispers.

I close my eyes, unable to think of a solution to this. I can't let him take me. I have a job, a family, a home. I'm only twenty three, I can't die now.

But...there is one way. And only one way I might be able to get out of this. I can't fight him, he's too fast and strong. My phone is upstairs so it's no use. The only way is to outsmart him. Outsmart his job. Get him confused.

I need to seduce him first.