Chapter One

Reina turned to stare out the car window as she concealed another sigh just begging to be let out.She had to admit, the forests and greenery that covered the small town were beautiful and she imagined she would be spending a lot of time roaming those forests.But even the beauty of the nature could not make Reina happy.Reina had been happy living in Spain, specifically Málaga, which was where she originated from, but her Mother decided that her job as a nurse wasn't paying enough and packed up their stuff to move to Forks, where the pay for a nurse was much higher. Reina didn't appreciate this though, she loved her mum a lot but she had friends in Málaga and the thought of being the newbie in a town named after a kitchen utensil, did not sit well with her.

Reina turned her head away from the window just as her Mum started speaking.
"It's a very beautiful town isn't it? I know you're upset about the move but it'll be great, you can make some new friends, start a new school and I heard that there is also a library and book shop nearby."

Reina sulked even more when her Mother started talking about new friends and a new school. Why would she be excited about either of those? She had a feeling that the school was going to be filled with hormonal teenage boys and basic bitches. However, her ears perked up and the mention of a library. Reina loved books, especially history books, she was a major nerd when it came to history and everybody knew it.

Reina let a small smile cover her face and playfully narrowed her eyes at her mother.
"Okay then Mum.But if our new house ends up having books being stacked everywhere then that's not my fault."

Reina's Mother, whose name was Veronica, started laughing at her daughter. The biggest smile plastered onto her face.
"You can buy all the books you want cupcake, I know this move wasn't ideal but I'm glad that you're making the best of it."

"Well, this is it, our new home."
Veronica states as she parked her car onto the side of the road.

"Veronica states as she parked her car onto the side of the road

Reina was in awe of the house. It was beautiful and was quite close to a wide, spacious forest. Reina gave her mother an approving smile and walked up the path and into her new home. Reina explored the house until she found a decent sized room that had a window looking over to the forest. Her Mother then stepped into the same room and admired the view from the window too.

"This is a very beautiful view cupcake, I'm assuming that you've chosen this room to be yours?"
Reina nodded with a smile on her face in reply to her Mother.

"Okay cupcake. Should we get started on your room then? The movers just dropped everything off."
"I'd love that, thanks for the help Mum.It might take a while though so maybe we should order pizza instead of cooking tonight."

Veronica nodded and made a noise of affirmation before taking the box that held her daughters bed and opening it to start building.

"Wow it looks great

"Wow it looks great. Thanks for helping Mum.I love it!!"

Veronica was about to reply to her daughter when the doorbell went, prompting her to turn to leave the room.
"That's probably the pizza, I'll go get that, why don't you freshen up and then come down?"

Reina agreed and went into her newly built closet to get comfy pjs on before she went downstairs

Reina agreed and went into her newly built closet to get comfy pjs on before she went downstairs. Reina quickly changed into her outfit (outfit up top) and joined her Mum downstairs.
Reina took a seat at the table and grabbed her pizza before asking her Mother the question that was plaguing her insecure mind.
"Hey Mum? Do you think I'll be able to make new friends here?"

Veronica looked up and couldn't help but feel sad at her daughters worried face.
"Something tells me that you're going to make quite a few friends cupcake. I know that you aren't comfortable around people you don't know but I'm positive that they'll be some people at that school who are going to make your time there great!"

"I hope so, thanks Mum."
Reina and her Mum continued to eat in silence for the remainder of their night, not an awkward silence but a comfortable one, both of them thinking about what the next day will bring.

After Reina finished her pizza she took both her and her Mother's empty plates to the sink and washed them efficiently. Reina decided to turn in early for the night as she had school at Forks high in the morning so she wanted enough sleep to be able to deal with that.

Walking to the stairs, saying goodnight to her Mother as she passed, Reina felt the exhaustion of the move get to her. She entered her room and climbed into her bed, wrapping herself inside the covers like a burrito and closed her eyes, quickly slipping off into a peaceful sleep filled with odd dreams about golden eyes.

[Proof Read]