Five

"Miss Evans, you're 15 minutes late." My teacher of whom I had yet to learn the name of said sternly.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again." I promised. My teacher frowned but nodded and I quickly took my seat besides Nessie.

"Why are you so late?" She questioned me as she looked me over. I really hoped that she didn't see how tired and stressed I looked. I had spent hours talking with Harry, Ron and Hermione last night about how on earth we were going to get the locket from Umbridge, and it had stressed me out. I barely got any sleep when I had gotten home.

"I just slept late that's all." I mean, it wasn't a complete lie.

"Oh, well get to sleep earlier tonight, you do look really tired. And we have plans tomorrow." She said with concern.

I laughed quietly. "Well thanks, that's just a nice way of saying that I look like shit."

"No no that's not what I meant."

"Riley! Renesmee! Something you want to share with the class?" My teacher said sharply and we quickly puts our heads down.

***********

"Okay so, what exactly should I wear to this bonfire? Like, is it dressy, non-dressy?" I asked Nessie nervously.

Why was I nervous? Why did I care about what to wear? I never really cared about what I wore somewhere, I mean I prefered black skinny jeans, sometimes with rips in the knee sometimes not, black ankle socks with black and white old skool vans, and a plain top. Sometimes I could go for a girlier top, depending on how I felt.

"Um, just casual. Like nice, but casual." Ah so my usual style. Nessie's phone vibrated and sbe paused. "Also, I hope you're ready to meet my family because uh, they're here."

"What?" I yelled.

I had been at this school for just four days, and Nessie's siblings had been off. Apparantly they needed to repeat their last year, they were meant to graduate last year but due to missing so many days of school that year their work suffered, and so here they are.

"Aha, sorry?" She said sheepishly.

"Where are they?" I huffed. I could've done with a warning.

"Um, well that vibration was them saying they had just parked an-oh, there they are."

I closed my eyes to keep calm. I was so not ready to meet them. I'd only known Nessie for four days!

"Hi, you must be Riley! I'm Alice!" A short, happy pixie haired girl greeted me as she gave me a hug. I gasped at how cold her skin was and she quickly pulled away.

"I'm Rosalie." A pretty blonde smiled at me anf pointed to a huge looking guy. "This is Emmett."

"I'm Edward. This is Bella and Jasper." A guy with bronze hair said pointing to another boy and girl.

I paused as I took them in. The resembalance between Nessie, Bella and Edward was strange considering they weren't related, but I brushed it off as a coincidence.

"Hey, yeah I'm Riley, it's nice to meet you all." I smiled awkwardly. I just wasn't good with new people, I usually had my twin by my side.

"Renesmee tells us a lot about you, she said you moved from New York?" Bella spoke up.

"Uh yeah, I did."

"Why did you move?" She pressed.

I swallowed. "Um, it's a long story.."

"Riley is coming to tbe bonfire tomorrow!" Nessie said excitedly, and I definetly didn't miss the concered looks given to her by her siblings.

"Ness.." Edward said quietly.