Nine

-Third Person-

Maybe it was the fact that just hours before a strange man had been in her house and had gotten away, maybe it was the searing pain she felt through the scar on her forward, or maybe it was the way Paul had been so suspicious earlier that night, but Félicité struggled to sleep that night.

Her mind was racing with so many different thoughts and concerns that it was impossible to finally drift off.

Unknown to her, there was a boy standing at the edge of the woods, watching the house intensely despite the strong waves of anxiety that was creeping through his body.

Paul couldn't bare to leave her that night, not after the vampire that had broken into his imprints house had gotten away after being chased by the pack. The vampire was so obviously targeting her, and the fact that he had taken something of hers was even more alarming as it could mean that he was sharing her scent with others. The thought of multiple vampires passing around her belongings and inhaling her scent had Paul's blood boiling and body shaking in anger, as did the even the thought of a single vampire just thinking of touching her.

Neither the pack nor the Cullens could figure out what this vampire wanted with her, but both were keen to protect her.

Over the next week, Félicité was making a conscious effort to avoid Paul, which was becoming rather difficult considering he just kept showing up everywhere. Nessie had continuously been bringing Félicité over to the pack house, and Paul always made sure to be there when he knew that she would be there, despite her acting like he wasn't even there every time.

That deeply hurt Paul. She was his imprint, his whole world revolves around her, she was his reason for breathing, for existing, he felt like nothing without her, and to feel something so intensely for someone just for them to seemingly ignore your existence was more painful than he could describe.

"Hey Riles, wait up!"

Félicité frowned upon hearing Paul call her 'Riles', almost as if he knew her well, which he definitely didn't. He barely knew anything about her, because she wouldn't let him. She saw Paul has a negative, uncessarily rude person and she refused to associate with someone that was so negative. No matter how attractive he was, and no matter the kind of feelings she felt in her stomach whenever their eyes would meet.

"Uh, hey." She said awkwardly, but not slowing down as she walked to her car from the pack house. She didn't want him to catch up with her.

Paul sped up until he was walking side by side with her.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? Like, go see a movie or something." He said, biting his lip. His heart was racing as he anxiously waited for her response.

She didn't know what to say. She didn't want to go with him, but she also didn't want to turn him down because then things would be even more awkward with the pack, and it would be so clear that she was avoiding him.

Félicité bit her lip, contemplating and Paul's heart sank at the obvious reluctance to spend time with him alone, but that feeling quickly disappeared.

"Yeah, sure. Text me." She finally replied, and quickly got into her car and drove away, ignoring the fluttering in her heart at the thought of going out with him.

**********************

-Félicité-

Hey, it's Paul. I got your number from Jake. I'm really glad you agreed to come tomorrow, and I've already booked tickets to see Suicide Squad at 7:30pm. I'll pick you up at 7 :)