Lime-Green-Lizard-Baby Say What?

A/N:

WHOA!!! Me?! Publishing two parts within the span of a week? Who would've thought?!

Hahahah in all seriousness, though, I wanted to thank the few of you that are reading and voting for my story. Somehow, Tristan Hale and the Dragon's Keeper is ranked #45 in Worldbuilding despite there being any chapters about the Citadel, yet, AND we're ranked #52 in Diverse despite me not introducing all the diverse characters I have planed, yet 

As a treat, I pushed through and got this chapter out earlier than I ever do. Plus, you'll be meeting another diverse character hopefully by the next chapter. I've been really inspired to write lately, so let's pray that this keeps up.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-––––––––––

I awoke to the smell of bacon filtering into my nostrils. The scent had me rising from my bed, eyes still closed, like Frankenstein. An amused chuckle had my eyes opening to see Alwin setting a plate of bacon and eggs next to me on the bedside table. 

"Mornin' boyo. How're ya feelin'?" he asked.

Ignoring his question I reached for the plate and the silverware, ready to devour all the food in front of me. As I turned, though, I winced. Before, I must have been too entranced by the smell of bacon to realize how sore I was. Pain radiated through the muscles in my arms, shoulders, core,  and back. Flying had really taken its toll on me yesterday. Chuckling once again, Alwin handed me the plate of food instead of making me turn to get it off the nightstand. I gratefully accepted the food from him with a nod and then began to shovel the food into my mouth, ignoring my soreness as much as possible. Flying had apparently made me more hungry than tired.

When I had sufficiently cleaned the plate of all bacon and even the little bits of egg yolk that is usually left on the plate, I fell back into my bed dramatically and tried to fall asleep. Alwin wasn't having any of it, though, because he pulled the comforter and sheets right off of me.

"Get up, boyo. Lazing about all day will only make the soreness worse tomorrow," he said sternly. In my mind, I knew he was right, but my heart belonged to my bed and pillow. There was a short internal struggle before Alwin yanked on one of my sore arms, making my decision for me and causing me to yelp in pain. "Come on. Asta isn't going to wait all day for his breakfast," said Alwin. I stared at him in confusion as I quickly changed into the white anime/pirate cosplay outfit that Alwin had given me yesterday.

"You want me to feed Asta?" I asked. I didn't mind, I guess. I just didn't know why Alwin was suddenly making me do it. Asta was a big boy dragon and could surely feed himself. 

"You won't be hand-feeding him," Alwin rolled his eyes, "There's a wheelbarrow downstairs full of lamb I got from the freezer. All you go to do is wheel it over to the barn for Asta."

"Why can't you just use your telekinesis and float it on over? Why do I have to push the damn thing?" It was a valid question and Alwin knew it, but he just smirked mischievously again.

"The best remedy for sore muscles is to use 'em. I figured this is the perfect opportunity." His smirk was a full-on grin at the sight of my disgruntled expression.

It definitely didn't feel like a remedy as I tried to maneuver the wheelbarrow smoothly over the bumpy footpath to the barn. Asta was peeking his head out of the door and I could tell from his line of sight that he was hungry. He was looking straight at the wheelbarrow full of meat and hadn't even acknowledged me, his Fated, at all yet.