An Average Package and a Giant Castle

A/N: Before we start, just a huge thank you to everyone who's reading, voting, and commenting. It's really keeping me motivated to update continuously. When I figure out how to dedicate chapters, I definitely have a few people that I need to shout out. But for now, ISN'T KENSHIN SO CUTE?! That's his character board above. I kinda imagine him as a paler Charles Melton with a lot more freckles because he's half-Irish half-Japanese. I don't know how the pic of the dog over its head fits in quite yet, except that I found it really funny. I think it kind of fits because, in my mind, Kenshin is like one of those small dogs that think they're bigger than they actually are. I can't wait for you all to get to know him better!

Quick survey: Should I make a chapter dedicated just to all the character aesthetic boards for you guys to go back to?

Comment here for YES

Comment here for NO

ONTO THE STORY!

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Kenshin and I flew for a bit longer in search of a good place to land and ended up finding a small clearing far enough away from any trails or civilization. As soon as we landed, I unceremoniously unstrapped myself from Asta and slid down his side until I was lying in a starfish position on the ground. 

"This is a pee and stretch break. Not nap time," said Kenshin when he heard me flop to the ground. I groaned as I sat up and was about to give him a sassy response when a loud screech came from the dragon bjorn on Ryu's chest. Ryu gave a disgruntled snarl at the baby's outburst and Kenshin huffed before unstrapping himself and helping the hatchling from the confines of its pouch.

As soon as it was released, the small dragon flapped its wings and flew in circles just above me and Kenshin's heads. It must've needed to release all its pent up excitement from being trapped to Ryu this entire time. I chuckled under my breath at the hatchling's antics and began to stretch out my arms and back. Although a nap sounded nice, I knew that we needed to get the baby dragon to the Citadel and to its newborn Rider as quickly as possible. The longer we were exposed to human civilization, the more likely we would be spotted and freshly hatched dragons probably didn't have the best defense mechanisms yet.

Kenshin watched the hatchling for a few moments more before turning and stalking off into the edge of the woods, keeping his back to the rest of us. As first I wondered what he was doing until he dropped his pants and I heard the unmistakable sound of him peeing. I groaned and turned away from him, continuing my stretches.

"A warning would have been nice," I stated.

Kenshin snickered, "It's nothing you haven't seen before."

My eyes rolled on their own account. "You're right. It's quite average," I said and I felt a smirk tug at my own lips.

Kenshin let out an indignant growl and I could hear him stomping around behind me. I predicted a sneak attack was coming so I whirled around, only to find Kenshin wrangling the hatchling back into its dragon bjorn. The newborn gave an upset squeal but didn't protest otherwise. 

When Kenshin finally looked toward me and noticed my confused expression, he said, "Break time is over. So, unless you have to pee, let's get a move on."

I sighed at his childish reaction to my teasing but had Asta help me back into my saddle nonetheless. Before I had a chance to get fully settled, Ryu and Kenshin took to the skies. I grumbled and leaned my head toward Asta so he would hear me. I wasn't sure how good dragon hearing was.