day one

~*~

When love presents itself, I always found myself rejecting it. However, sometimes I would slip up and find myself writing sappy love songs. Sometimes, when I had lost all motivation to write, I turned to what was already out there. My sister told me that she met her husband because he made her a mixtape. I prayed I could do the same. Prove my love through a song or two, maybe an entire album. Scratch that- for sure an entire album.

When I begun attending the prestigious U.A, I met Tenya Iida, among many other students. I had always admired his heroic tendencies and his passion, but I'd never let him know that. I wanted to be the very best pro hero. But so did he; he genuinely wanted to be a hero so bad. He wanted to save people so much. However, he never really piked my interest so much until we dance together. It was casual, nothing more. But the song playing was so delicate and something about the way Iida looked at me. He was just being polite, of course. Someone like him would never love someone like me. Even so, it felt so, so real. From that day forward, he had an entirely new meaning. 

The first song I chose was La Vie En Rose. The first song was the hardest to get to him. He was always an hour early to class, which meant I had to be an hour and a half early to class, place the first CD and note on his desk, and then leave before he saw me. So at five am, I snuck into the classroom and placed the gift on his desk. 

Aizawa saw me but ignored it, all he mumbled was, "I won't say a word."

I can imagine him reading the letter now. 

Dear Tenya Iida, 

La Vie En Rose. The lyrics are as follows:

Hold me close and hold me fast,The magic spell you cast, This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me, Heaven sighs, And though I close my eyes, I see la vie en rose

When you press me to your heart, And in a world apart, A world where roses bloom

And when you speak ,Angels sing from above, Every day words, seems to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me, And life will always be, La vie en rose

Sincerely, Secret Admirer

He was probably losing his mind.

I was right, of course. He tucked the CD and note into his bag and went along with day normally. Inside the dormitories, I pressed my ear against his doorway and listened for the familiar song. Once I heard the opening chords, I left. So he was listening to it. That's good. 

~*~