epilouge

~*~

[listen and read for best experience] 

"I really didn't expect it to be you," Iida says. His hand is warm against mine. 

I chuckle. "You didn't?"

He shakes his head. "At first I thought it was Kaminari, but then I remembered he would have gotten himself caught. Then I thought you were Todoroki, but then Todoroki admitted he had feelings for Momo. Finally I had settled on Ojirou being a good suspect. But it was you."

"Was that a good thing it was me?"

Iida stops in his tracks and turns to me. "It was a great thing. I love you. I love you so much Katsuki." He leans down and kisses me. 

 We're a secret thing. There's not too much pda between us. Just love. Quiet love. Hand holding before class. Sitting alone together at lunch. We go through graduation together, and go to separate agencies. At the end of the day though, we're still together. 

We settle down together. Once we grow out of our strict teenage tendencies, Tenya learning to let loose a little, me learning to control my temper. I propose to him one day. It was nothing much, just laying next to each other in bed early in the morning. 

"Marry me," I say.

He giggles and turns. "Okay. I'll marry you Katsuki."

Work gets harder as we get more experienced- it always does. Missions become more dangerous. I love you's become more frequent. I know to cherish him. 

Once we're thirty kids become a discussion. Tenya giggles at the idea of having children with me, and the feeling is so giddy. 

I love him so much.

When we're on a mission together, it all happens in front of me.

The villain shoots, Tenya is preoccupied. Myself, I'm in the middle of controlling another villain. "Tenya!" I cry, but the villain has already won. 

There's so much blood. I can't even think straight. He has to be okay, I keep telling myself. He has to be okay.

"Katsuki," he calls out. I'm by his side before he knows it. "The song. In high school. There was a song you were saving. For me- Oh fuck," He curses out. 

"T-tenya I-" 

"The song, Katsuki. Please. I need to hear you. I love you so much."

I put my hand on the side of his face, embracing what I know will be the last few moments I get with him. "Stuff we did. Married life. From Up. The piano song."

He sighs and chuckles. "Sing it."

"Wh-"

He looks up at me, he's crying and I know he'll be gone in just a few seconds. "I've waited all my life to know. I wanna hear it. My dying wish, Katsuki."

So I hum it, my voice cracking, and tears everywhere. Blood on my hands. on his body. I finish softly, noticing how he isn't breathing anymore. 

Dear Tenya Iida,

I loved you more than words can say. 

stuff we did (married life) - the up soundtrack

Love, Katsuki Bakugou.

~*~