Chapter 6 (Meeting Titans)

Maru laid on the grass, her body completely exhausted. She was still conscious, but her body was beyond sore. She couldn't feel her arms, her legs felt like jelly, her head was pounding, and she was scared to look at her back. She was so tired, lifting her eyes open was taking most of her strength. She heard metal clanking and whirring, then suddenly the sound of a vehicle quickly accelerating. Something had lifted the stone from on top of her. That, she knew. She heard an explosion just near her. Suddenly, the air around her was hot. Blazing hot.

She managed to open her eyes. Fire was surrounding her, and quickly spreading on the dry grass. Maru's survival instincts kicked in. She managed to get up, stumbling all the while. Her hearts pumped like there was no tomorrow. Gotta get out. Gotta get out! She panicked, looking around for a way out of the ring of fire surrounding her. Two gigantic robots were duking it out where the stage had been just a minute ago, now a pile of rubble and stone. One of them was purple and black, with a teal, blank face and teal lines running up and down its arms and legs. The other robot was at least 10 feet taller than the first one, with a red torso and blue face. A sort of battle mask covered its face, glowing blue eyes fierce with determination.

The red and blue robot kept looking back and forth, between Maru and the smaller robot. This only made Maru even more nervous. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME?! AND WHERE IS KAHE!??

A sharp pain ran through her arm, the only feeling she had in the appendage. She grabbed it with her other arm as she doubled over in pain. Her legs were beginning to give way. She kneeled down, tears of pain rolling down her face. The fire only gave her a few feet to stand in now. I'm gonna die! I'm SO gonna die! There's so much I haven't said. Haven't done.

Mary rasped a few words.

"Terry, if you ever hear this, I'm sorry! I'm sorry I wasn't more careful! I'm sorry I wasn't closer to you!

I'm sorry I wasn't a better sister!"

Optimus

Soundwave was hunched over in front of Optimus, arms thrashing down towards Optimus in an attack. Optimus managed to block him, but just barely. Soundwave was much stronger than Optimus remembered. Optimus remembered his objective in that moment, and looked over where Maru was. The fire was closing in on her. She tried to get up, but she winced and suddenly fell over. Optimus began to grow even more anxious. Then suddenly, one of the Inklings attempting to fight Soundwave looked at Optimus, still keeping its aim at Soundwave. She wore her long tentacles down, and wore a black and yellow reflective safety vest. The texture of her tentacles was different from that of Maru or Kahe, Optimus noted. It was slightly more..distilled, would be the best way to describe it. Her eyes also looked slightly metallic, but were still the same teal color as her ink.

"Hey! Hey you! You're Optimus Prime, right?" it said, looking at Optimus.

How does it know who I am? Still blocking Soundwave's hits, Optimus spoke through grunts, "Y-yes."

The Inkling dodged what appeared to be several blobs of ink flying towards it from Soundwave, presumably. "Listen carefully. I don't have much time. I know why this thing is here. It wants me. There's no time to explain why. But I need you to save Maru. I'll take care of this thing," the inkling yelled.

Optimus grew a look of concern. The inkling yelled at him once again, "Get out of here! I said I'll take care of it! Get Maru out of here!"

The Inkling ran in between Optimus and Soundwave. Soundwave stopping his attacks on Optimus immediately, focusing down at the Inkling. "Come and get me, TarTar! It's time we finished this!" The inkling yelled up at Soundwave, holding her arms out in submission, a look of determination on her face. Soundwave threw one of his arms at Optimus, hitting him with enough force, that he went flying towards the back of the valley the stage had been in.