𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

❛   𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ❜

❝ not a perfect soldier,
but  a good   man.   ❞

           ANASTASIA sat silently in the hallway

ANASTASIA sat silently in the hallway. A small rectangular tan paper was held between her bony fingers. Glancing down, she read over her first enlistment form once more. Women were actually encouraged to fight with the men in the war, but Anastasia still faced some who laughed in her face for even trying. So when she got accepted finally about one year ago, she kept her first and her last enlistment slips for proof to shove in men's faces.

When Anastasia folded back up to a small square, Steve emerged from his examination, a brown file in hand. His face held a proud smile.

She stood to her feet, face reading her mulling questions. "Steve..?"

He held up the folder, moving toward her. "I get accepted."

"Really?!" she exclaimed, grabbing the file from him and opening it. Her eyes found the square at the bottom right, with IA stamped in it. She squealed, slapping it shut before giving him a tight hug. "You're going to the army! We have to celebrate." She grabbed his arm, dragging him towards the crowd of people.

ANA barely had time to dress and prepare for the day before meeting up with Peggy. "Morning, Perova." Peggy created at the break of dawn. She was fully awake with a face full of determination.

"M-Morning, Carter." Anastasia greeted back, still adjusting to her residence on the army base. Anastasia opened another pin before smoothing back her last strands of loose hair and shoving the pin in its place, securing it close to her head.

"Ready for the new recruits?" Peggy asked sternly as they made their way towards a forest green car. "I think your friend Rogers is going to be in this division."

"Oh." Ana replied, slightly taken back. She pulled down her green coat and smoothed her skirt. "What a pleasant surprise."

Peggy hummed back as they climbed into the truck. A male agent was awaiting in the driving seat, and before Anastasia could blink, they sped off.

The ride to the camp was short for Anastasia. Her mind raced. She thought of how Steve was going to survive under this Super Solider experiment, and how Bucky was doing with his group of me. Oh, she hoped he was still alive and well.

"Ready?" Peggy asked once more when the truck stopped. Anastasia blinked, turning to her with wide eyes. A small smile tugged on Peggy's red lips which matched Ana's. "It'll be all right," her voice was full of sympathy and concern, which comforted her.