𝑻𝑬𝑵

❛  𝐭𝐞𝐧 ❜

❝ if i cannot bend heaven,
i will raise hell. ❞

          ANASTASIA lifted her hand high enough to glance down at it

ANASTASIA lifted her hand high enough to glance down at it. Her eyes landed on the thin band around her third finger and a smirk pulled at her red lips. Only after a short moment, she shifted her hand down to grip the gun she had. Her batons were sheathed in a hostler that was strapped to her back.

Anastasia's eyes slowly closed as a gust of winter air rushed past her, lifting the ends of her short hair. Smirking, she reopened them to gaze again at her fiancée. Bucky winked at her, before his face turned sour from the height of the cliff.

"You afraid of heights, Barnes?" Anastasia teased, bumping her shoulder into his. Bucky let out a soft gasp before giving her a look.

"If I'm goin' down, doll, I'm takin' you with me." Reaching out, he linked their hands. Bucky paused before frowning, directing his next question at Steve. "Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island, while Anastasia watched?"

"Yeah, and I threw up?" He asked back, his own frown on his face.

"This isn't payback...is it?"

Steve cracked a smile, looking up at the zip line cable. "Now why would I do that?"

"We were right," All three best friends turn in sync to Gabe, "Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

They all share a look around before Steve slides on his helmet, moving back to the cliff with the other two following. Anastasia pulls the strap of the gun around her neck, letting it rest against her hip.

"Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil." Falsworth comments, lowering his binoculars when he spotted the train in the distance.

Steve stands in front of Bucky, Anastasia and Gabe. "We only got about a ten second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

"Mind the gap." Falsworth adds, looking down.

A rush of anxiety floods Ana's body as she grabs tightly onto her hook. Clenching her jaw, she slowly lets out a breath.

"Better get movin', bugs!" Dum Dum nearly yells as Frenchie raises his arm to cue. Dum Dum glances at Anastasia, nodding once. "Good luck, lil' lady."

"Thanks, Dugan." She mutters back, forcing a smile.

"I'm right behind ya, Ana," Bucky says quietly in comfort.

"Maintenant!" Frenchie suddenly calls, cutting down his arm. Steve is the first to step off the cliff, gliding down as the train pulls closer to their setup. After the Captain, Anastasia, Bucky and Gabe closely follow. Anastasia's knuckles are white as she holds on, biting back a scream of terror.