𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

❛   𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞   ❜

i'll survive . . .
somehow i always do. ❞

          STEVE slid into the seat beside Bucky

STEVE slid into the seat beside Bucky. The remaining men on the division temporarily resided in the local tavern, seeming to drink up all the alcohol in the place.

"See? Told you!" Bucky announced after Steve successfully convinced the Howling Commandos to join him in his quest to take down any remaining Hydra bases. He lifted his glass to drink some of his whiskey. "They're all idiots." He gives Anastasia, who is sitting on Bucky's right, a look to which she laughs.

"How 'bout you? You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?" Steve asked with a smirk. Bucky laughed before shaking his head.

"Hell no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

"What about you, Ana?" He leaned forward, looking around Bucky at the girl in red. She smirks, lifting her glass to her lips to take a small slip of bourbon.

"I dunno." her finger circles the rim of the glass and Bucky watches. After a moment, her smirk breaks into a toothy grin. "Steve, you know I'll follow you right up to the gates of hell, no questions asked."

Steve smiles bashfully at her, appreciating the comment.

Bucky takes another swing before leaning in towards Steve, "But you are keeping the outfit, right?"

Steve sighed, giving Bucky a playful look. "You know what?" He glanced back at the Captain America tour poster which had a cancellation stamp across it. "It's kinda growing on me."

The three noticed the singing around them quiet. All lean in their seats, trying to get a better look. Peggy saunters into the doorway, wearing a form-fitting red dress. The two men stand to greet them. Anastasia twists in her seat, smiling at her female friend.

"Captain," Peggy greets, moving towards Steve. She glances at Ana, giving her a single nod. "Agent,"

"Agent Carter," she greets back, nodding back in respect. She moves past Bucky, who greets ma'am at her. Bucky feels a hand slide up his back and around his shoulder.

A smile creeps on his lips and he turns and takes in the sight of his partner.

"Howard has some equipment for you and Anastasia to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy asks, her eyes solely on Steve.

Steve takes a peek at his friend, who nods back. He looks back at Peggy, "Sounds good."

"I see you top squad is prepping for duty." Peggy continues glancing at the table of Howling Commandos as they continue their song There's a Tavern in Town.