2- Job Time

Daisy

I walk up to Hershey and he snarls at me. I keep walking "It's okay baby. Mama is here." He growls and bites my arm. I grit my teeth in pain and pull him off. I make him look at me and he whines and lays his head against the side of his dog box.

"Come on baby. Come to mama. She'll fix you up."

He whimpers and I help him stand and come out. I look at his leg.

"Okay baby. Lay down. Mama will be right back." I say as he lays down. I lean down and kiss his forehead. I rub his cheek then go inside.

I grab a flashlight and a rag to at least wipe the wounds.

I go outside and over to him. He whines and I sit down on the mud, rubbing his paw "I know baby. Mama is gonna fix you up the best she can though." I turn on the flashlight and that's when three pairs of eyes appear in the woods. I gasp and slowly stand up. Hershey growls and leaps up and as far as he can go.

"Hershey! Here! Now." I taught him K9 tricks but in english. He slolwy learned.

I quickly look around for something to use then I find a shovel. I grab it "If you want to come at my baby then you'll have to get past me! If you're the bobcat who hurt my baby! You're dead meat!"

I slowly start walking foward.

Then I hear a screaming woman. But it's not in front of me. I spin around, waiting to get attacked. "Where are you, you little fucker?"

Then, a bobcat lunges at me from no where. I use the shovel to keep it's jaw away from me. I kick it in the stomach and it falls off me. I leap up and get into an attack stance again. The bobcat growls then disappears.

I take a step, only to fall on my ass. I grunt and hold my ankle "Fuck. Think I broke something." I lay the shovel down and push myself up, using the shovel.

Then I do the most obvious thing.

Help Hershey.

~~~

I walk up the mountain with Hershey on his leash, dragging me.

I laugh "Hold on bud." We get to the top and I tie the leash to a skinny tree.

Hey. If I didn't. He would run.

I sit up there, talking to him when the sun starts to set.

A growl rips through the air. I jump up, grab a metal horseshoe I found up here, and stand in front of Hershey.

Three wolves slowly walk towards us. Hershey snarls, trying to attack them. "Hershey. Heel." He growls but stands back.

I pick up a rusty rod that is just laying up here and act like I'm about to swing a bat "You three better back off. I play baseball with my dad. And he gets hurt by accident." I dig my tip of my foot into the ground and narrow my eyes at them.

They all get on their backs, showing their stomachs. I look at them confused "What the hell? Wolves don't act like this. The fuck?"

Hershey growls.

I nod "If you don't like. I don't like."

But me being me, I shrug and slowly crouch down and rub the biggest wolf's head. It stands up and winces. I look down at its leg to see a big gash and it looks broken. I let it sniff my hand then I slowly reach for its leg. I barely touch the leg and it growls. "It's okay there bud. You're okay. Please don't attack me."

Then I re-break the leg. It howls in pain and I rub its cheek "Sorry. I wish I could fix you up but I can't. That's the best I can do. If I could heal ya. I would." I look at the other two but they're fine.

Big ass wolves. Hershey is tiny compared to them.

Dirt starts flying in the air and I laugh looking at Hershey. "Hersh! Chill!" I laugh. He looks up for a second then goes back to digging. "Weird wolf." He gets comfortable and finds a spot to sit. I sit down beside him and he lays his head on my lap. I pet his head trying to take in every detail of him.

Not because I'm weird.

We grew up together. When I was eight months old, he came into my life and we just grew up together. I protect him with my life and he does the same for me. But now he's 12 and a half. I know he won't be around much longer. It kills me too. When he dies, he won't be with me. Only in memories. One day I thought he almost died and I almost died from not breathing. That's how hard I was crying. He got me inspired to go after my dream though. To be a vet and help other animals that some people say is unhelpable. I don't give a shit and I'm going to try my damn hardest to help all animals in need.

I let out a shaky breath, petting his head "Hey baby." He doesn't move. I check his heart and feel it beating. He looks up at me and licks my chin. I smile at him when I feel something warm on my other side. I look over and see the wolves laying down.

Hershey huffs and looks away. I laugh, wiping away the tears that threatened to fall "What? I love you baby. You are my best furry friend. No one can ever take you away from me because they'll have to go over my dead body and then deal with you who will be mad as hell." He puffs out his chest. I laugh "Yes. You are my brave boy. Oh Hersh. When I get the chickens. Don't kill them. I need those for FFA. Have to get money some how, right? Right."

My phone rings and I pick it up.

"Yello?"

"Daisy! We finally have a job!"

"Really?! Finally!"

"I know right! One of my mom's friends is friends with someone else who is cousins with someone else who is friends with this woman who needs a babysister for two kids."

"That was confusing but I just know a woman needs her kids to be watched."

"Yeah. How many?"

"Three. An older boy and twins."

"Wow fuck. Okay. What is the woman's name?"

"Tina Cul."

"Okay. When are we needed?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Don't you have soccer practice though?"

"I'm sore as hell and limping."

"Damn. Pushes you hard."

"You know it."

We both laugh.

"Okay. What's her address?"

"1278 Spoon Full street."

"K. Later."

I hang up and rub Hershey's head "Finally."

*_*

1139 words! Yay! I guess.

Any thoughts? Any comments?

If you wanna, you can vote and comment. But I don't care if you don't. Do want you want.

Now here's a quote of the day.

Hope you liked this chapter. If you did then continue reading.

If you didn't. Then. Oh well. I don't care.