4- Losing the Best Furry Friend

Daisy

Next day

I walk up into the woods with Hershey and tie him to the tree. Then I climb up into a tree and climb into the tree house I made.

Then I hear a yelp. I pop my head out of the hole that I can climb in and out of "Hershey! Release." He lets go of Hunter's leg and plops down, growling.

I toss Hunter the shorts he left up here and he takes them behind a tree.

I climb out of the window and climb higher.

"I don't know why! This is harder!" I look down to see Hunter trying to climb the tree with his claws. I laugh "Well duh. You need your thumb."

Then we bith hear a crack. My eyes widen. Before I can move, the tree branch gives out and I plummet.

As I go down tree branches hit me. I scream in terror and smack against the ground. My vision becomes hazy as I stare up at the sky "I dies, I dies." Then I let my eyes close.

Hunter

"Fuck Daisy!" I pick her up and go to run. Hershey grabs my ankle, and starts shaking it. "Hershey! Let go!" I yell. He growls at me but looks at Daisy worried. He lets go then I run at inhuman speed.

~~~

It's been two hours.

Two hours since Daisy fell fifty feet out of the tree.

Two hours since she's been in surgery.

I can't believ I let her get hurt.

Mate.

What's wrong?!

Mate.

Then Leo, my wolf, howls. Max walks over to me then I get tackled by a growling dog.

"What the heck?!"

"Hershey! Get off me me!" I yell in my alpha voice, just because I'm mad.

He snarls at me and starts attacking me. He digs his claws i to my inner thigh and Max pulls him off. I sit on a couch as my leg heals. Hershey snarls at me.

"So I called Kyra. She's coming over."

"Why call h-." Suddenly I get slapped in the face. My eyes widen in shock as my head snaps toward the side.

"Damn!"

"You let her fall fifty feet!? Don't you have inhuman speed?!"

"Yeah."

"You could've caught her then! No wonder Hershey is trying to attack you! He knows what you are. He knows you could've saved her. He won't do anything for anyone but her. So if she dies because of you, you're dead meat."

Then a doctor walks over. He has a blank face on him. "Alpha," he bares his neck in respect "she had internal bleeding but I got it to stop. Three ribs broke. Her entire left leg is broken. A little brain swelling but it's going down. Her right hand, arm, and shoulder won't stay located at all though. Is there anything behind that?"

"Yeah. Her entire right arm can dislocate. When she was born it was dislocated." Kyra replies. He looks at me with a confused face, silently asking me why another human is here.

"Is there anything else wrong?"

"No. She is in the recovery wing and on strong pain killers. Room 566B." I nod and start walking there. I get tackled again but the weigh gets pulled off me. Hershey growls lowly at me, snapping his jaw.

"Come one Hersh. Daisy probably wants to see you." He instantly perks up and follows Kyra to the room. I stand up and go to the room.

When I walk in, Hershey is in Daisy's lap as she pets his head. His head snaps over to me and he snarls.

"Easy." Daisy commands. He lets out a long sigh then lays his head back down but glares at me. He looks me in the eyes like he's asking me to do something. Then he closes his eyes and lets out a long sigh.

"Hershey?"

Nothing.

"Hershey??"

He doesn't move.

"Hershey?! No! Please! No! Please! You're my best furry friend! Please! No! Hershey! Please! No! Please! I need you! Please don't go! You're the only person who can make me smile! Make me laugh! Please. You can't die yet. Please. You're the one who made me want to go after my dream. I need you baby." Daisy cries so hard she starts turning blue.

"Daisy! Breath!" Kyra yells.

But she doesn't. Her heartrate monitor starts slowly down and she passes out. "NURSE!" I yell. Doctors run in and force me and Kyra out.

I realize what he was asking me to do.

Protect her.

*_*

First of all. Sorry for the short chapter.

Second of all. 808 words. That's very short.

Any thoughts? Any comments?

If you wanna, you can vote and comment. But I don't care if you don't. Do want you want.

Now here's a quote of the day.

Hope you liked this chapter. If you did then continue reading.

If you didn't. Then. Oh well. I don't care.