14- Accept

Ryan

Kate sniffs the air and her head snaps over to me. Then she walks over to me, slowly.

She reaches out and touches my hand "You're Alpha Ryan. My mommy's mate. Where's my mommy?"

I almost choke on my spit.

Even her daughter knows.

Wow.

"I seen you save my mommy. So I know you'll protect her. I have a feeling about you."

I kneel down to her "And what's that feeling?"

"Protective. Happy. Warm."

"What does that mean?"

"That you'll make my family happy. You'll protect everyone. And you'll think about everyone first before you. You are a very selfless man who wants to provide and protect his family."

Damn. Smart kid.

"Kate. How old are you?"

"Four!"

"Well you a pretty smart for a four year old."

She smiles widely at me.

~~~

A week later

It's been a god damn week. A fucking week.

No one knows what's wrong with Daisy. She just slipped into a coma. Kate figured out that Daisy was in a coma. She said that she could sense it. She's really smart.

Beta Max walks in Daisy's room. He smiles at Kate "Hey Kate."

"Maxy!" She looks at him.

"Your birthday is in 4 days. Are you excited?"

"If mommy wakes up, then yeah. If she's not awake on my birthday, that's all I want, just for her to wake up." Kate touches Daisy's hand and her eyes snap wide open.

Daisy *before she wakes up*

I walk over to Luna as she smiles at me. "Hello Luna."

"Hello child."

"What's wrong this time?"

"I'm telling about Luke." My ears perk up and anger boils in me.

Then all the anger disappears from me "What the?"

"Your mate is holding your hand." Then we appear in a hospital room. My body is layong on the bed as Ryan holds my hand. Kate walks in the room and feels around the room before sitting beside Ryan. She leans her head against his side and he wraps his arm around her "Your mommy will be okay. She's with the Moon Goddess."

"I know. But I still worry about her like she worried about me." I look at Luna "Luna?"

"Yes child?"

"Will Kate every see?"

"We'll have to see. Won't we?"

I laugh as Kate smiles. "What's got you so happy?"

"I can sense mommy is happy. Her soul isn't here and happy."

"WHAT?!"

"She's here and good. But right now she's with the Moon Goddess."

"How do you know?"

"I can feel it. Something wants me to join their conversion but I'm staying here."