One Fateful Night

Chapter 1: One Fateful Mission (No pun intended)

A/N: When stating who is saying dialogue I will call them by operator names, but in actual dialogue I will use both real and op names depending on what feels right in the situation.

[Ash POV]

IQ: "Jesus, I'm bored. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy the white masks aren't hurting anyone, but all that leaves us with is eating and training."

I sit there picking at my food as I contemplate what activities we actually do around base when weren't on a mission.

Ash: "That's not true! What about movie night? Not even mentioning game night! Drinking with the russians? Hey, and on top of all that we get to watch Marius (Jäger) and Dominic's (Bandit) pranks unfold almost daily! What's there to be bored about?"

Monika (IQ) looks at you unamused showing me that my little talk trying to cheer her up had failed.

IQ: "Yeah their pranks are all fun and games until you're the one on the other side of their smoking barrel."

Almost like she was listening into our conversation, a familiar voice rings over the speakers in the cafeteria.

Six: "Will the operators Ash, Doc, Sledge, Tachanka, and IQ report to the briefing room immediately please."

I look over at Monika who has a look of joy on her face as she springs up to start walking to the briefing room almost leaving me behind. I quickly stood up and double time it to meet up with Monika before she's too far ahead for me to even try. As we arrive to the briefing room door, Monika happily swings it open. I walk in to see Six standing up at the front of the room with a blank canvas for the projector to project images onto, attached to the wall behind her. Looking over to my left I see only one operator already sitting in the chairs, waiting patiently for Six to start the briefing.

Ash: "Damn Seamus (Sledge), I thought Monika sped walk all the way over here, but you must have sprinted."

Sledge: "Nah, I just happened to be walking by when the announcement was made." 

I just nod to show my understanding as Monika and I sit down in the chairs right of Seamus. It only took about two minutes for the rest of the operatives to arrive. With everyone present and seated Six finally looks up from her computer and speaks.

Six: "Thank you all for coming on such short notice. I have an urgent mission for you five. We have found the location of an assassin who has been working for the white masks." 

Six clicks a button on her computer as the projector screen behind her lights up to show a light grey suburban house.

Six: "He's staying in a quiet Neighborhood in San Diego, we're assuming for a job." 

Before starting the next sentence she presses the button on her computer again, and the image behind her changes. This time it's a man with short, dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes that looked directly into my soul even through the picture. He had a rugged looking face, wearing a slight scowl making him look even more menacing then he would without. His facial expression led me to believe this is our target, which Six only confirmed with her next sentence:

Six: "This man is your target. He is codenamed Reaper. Legend says he's killed more people then the grim reaper himself. He's been hired by the white masks to eliminate anyone who opposes them. This has been a very effective strategy for them, which is why it's important we stop this before he can cause any further damage. This is a time sensitive mission as he moves around frequently, and we have no way of knowing when he will leave his current safe house. It's a simple Mission: Get in, kill him, and get out. Although it may sound simple under no circumstances should you underestimate what this man can do. Ash, you will be leading this OP. Blueprints for the house will be there for you on the chopper to help formulate your plan. This will likely be the most dangerous mission yet so plan meticulously and be as prepared as possible. You have 20 minutes to get your gear and get to the plane."