A New Purpose, A New Discovery

Chapter 4: A New Purpose, A New Discovery

[2 Day Time skip]

[Y/N POV]

I wake up lying on Monika's chest which happens so much it might as well be the start of my morning ritual. Yet without fail my cheeks begin to heat up as I fully comprehend my position. Are legs are intertwined, and I can feel her rhythmic breathing on the top of my head. To top it all off, her arms are wrapped around my entire body preventing me from slipping away. I close my eyes getting lost in thought, waiting for my captor to wake up. It's been two days since I started officially staying in the girls dorms. Monika, of course, was still using me as her personal teddy bear every night. They haven't even started on my room yet, but I guess that makes sense as I likely only have two more days here at Hereford. I got sad thinking about it, but decided to force it out of my mind as It didn't do me any good thinking about it now. For the past two days I've been going to the shooting range, working on gadgets, and meeting new operators. I thought that maybe I could get in as an engineer, but I wasn't confident as there were already a large amount of them employed at the base, many smarter than me.

Before I can think about my situation further I'm interrupted by Monika rubbing her hand through the back of my hair. I look up to see two blue eyes peering down at me as a small smile begins to form on her face. I smile back as she just looks at me for a few seconds before speaking.

IQ: "Morning Y/N" Her voice sounded groggy.

She says this as she pulls me even closer to her and kissing the top of my head. If I was in a cartoon steam would be shooting out of my ears. But, luckily we're not, the only signal giving away my embarrassment is my red cheeks, which I hide quite easily by tucking my face into her body. She chuckles before speaking again.

Y/N: "M-morning."

IQ: "Sooo, I was thinking and would you be okay doing some CQC training today?"

I automatically sit up, breaking out of Monika's grip, surprising her a bit. I'm sat on my knees on the foot of the bed, while Monika is still lying down looking up at me.

Y/N: "Ummm, I don't think that's a very good Idea. Do you have any other ideas?" I say nervously, simultaneously scratching the back of my head.

She sits up with a disappointed look on her face.

IQ: "Come on, why not?"

Y/N: "I just don't think It's a good idea. Plus, I'm not going to become an operator, so it doesn't matter anyway."

She scoots closer to me so that our knees are touching and reaches out her right hand to touch my left cheek (Her right, your left). She looks at me with puppy dog eyes, while curving her lip to look like she's pouting. I try to look away but her hand on my cheek drags me back, not letting me turn my gaze. She knew it was a cheap shot but loves to use it anyway. I just sigh, reluctantly agreeing to at least try. She happily skips into the bathroom getting ready for our practice duel. I slowly get up, also getting on some proper workout attire. I put on some black silk joggers with a grey long sleeved, elastic shirt on top. I throw on some white Puma socks on my feet, now ready to go (Yes, you're not wearing shoes). Monika walks out of the bathroom flashing me a smile before sliding the door open, letting me through.

IQ: "Ready to go?"

I nod and walk through the door, her trailing behind me. We make small talk about random things while walking to the gym. We walk through the cafeteria to see many operators eating breakfast, some giving a friendly greeting as we walk by. When we arrive I see a few operators using some workout equipment, but no one pays any attention to us as we hop in the ring. I lightly tape my hands to make sure I didn't lose any function ability, as Monika does the same. Monika gets in a combat stance, putting her arms up in front of her face; I copy her. I could tell some of the operators were now looking up, watching us.