Interrogation

Chapter 2: Interrogation

[20 minute time skip]

[Extraction Plane]

[Ash POV]

Our car pulls up to the side of the runway as our team of five all get out the side door to the right. Doc ran off ahead to prep the plane for his check on our "prisoner". The mood has lightened a little since we left the house. Seamus cooled off a little during our drive over, returning to his normal calm self, while Alexandr (Tachanka) was already back to cracking jokes. On the other hand, my head was still flooding with questions about what I just saw. I look over to my right to see Monika walking behind the two men holding a good distance. She was still holding the boy bridal style, her eyes dead set on the plane up ahead. Monika was the only one who didn't say a word through the whole car ride. Worried about her, I walk up to her and put my hand on her left shoulder.

Ash: "Hey Monika. How are you feeling?"

IQ: "Fine. I just want to get him to the plane so we can make sure he is going to be alright."

I tried to keep the conversation going by bringing up a few random topics but that only lasted a grand total of 30 seconds. She was only responding in brief answers as to try to tell me she wasn't in the mood to talk. An awkward silence filled the air as we got closer to the plane. During this silence I thought back to what Monika said to the boy before we left. I contemplated about bringing it up for a few seconds. I knew now wasn't the best time, but curiosity got the better of me as I began to speak:

Ash: "Did you mean what you said to him? Back at the house?"

Monika looks up with a confused look on her face

IQ: "What do you mean?"

Ash: "Before you took him. You promised him food and a bed. You know he's not going to get either right?"

IQ: "He will. I'll make sure of it."

She says this while breaking eye contact with me, fixing her gaze back onto the quickly approaching plane. Silence fills the air between me and IQ once again, as I decide to not press any further as of now. As we board the plane I hear Alexandr's Bellowing laugh fill the eerie silence, followed by a slight chuckle coming from Seamus. Doc takes the boy out of Monika's arms and places him on a few crates Doc stacked to make a temporary table. He places him down gently and starts to check for all signs of injury. Through the plane's engines starting up I hear Tachanka yell in a heavy Russian accent.

Tachanka: "Congrats team! Another successful mission, also most dangerous mission yet!"

His voice was so loud it distracts even Doc from his work.

Ash: "Oh pipe down Alexandr, you didn't do anything the entire mission!"

Tachanka: "Not True! I give IQ emotional support as she takes down white mask!"

He again yells this louder than last time letting out a slight chuckle after. I just roll my eyes before closing them to try to get some shut eye before arriving back at Hereford. Tachanka turns to sledge with a shrug.

Tachanka: "What can I say? I am no stealth operator."

[Time skip Unknown]

[Y/N POV]

[Hereford, England]

I open my eyes to a bright white room causing me to quickly close them again. I start to open my eyes, slowly this time, letting my eyes adjust to the light. Once I can see properly I take a look at my surroundings to see what looks like a doctors office, with a man standing in the corner reading some sort of paper. I try to sit up but am automatically stopped by the chains around my wrists sending a jolt of pain through my already bruised wrists. I follow the short chain to see it linked to the side of the bed where I lay. The sound of my moving around must have alerted the man in the corner of the room as he got up and started to approach me.