chapter 11: Why?

~Natalia's POV~

Zayn and I were washing Carlos. I picked Carlos up, as he cried. "It's ok, I'm putting you in some warm clothes."

After I was done, dressing Carlos up. I rocked him to sleep. I was walking around the room. Zayn, smiled and laughed. Watching me take care of our son.

"Wanna hold him?" I asked, smiling at Zayn.

He noddded, as he dried his hands. I laid Carlos in Zayn's arms. Zayn had a big smile on his face. "He has your nose and my eyes and the rest of me."

"I think he has your smile." I laughed.

We sat down on the bed. I laid my head on Zayn's shoulder. I brushed my thumb over Zayn's hand. His veins were showing, I trached over them.

"Zayn." I said.

"Yes, love?" Zayn said.

"What made you go in the military?" I asked.

Zayn, sighed. "My dad was in the military. I wanted to do something that I can remember."

"Did you know what danger you were putting yourself in?" I asked.

"Yes." Zayn said.

I sighed sitting up. Zayn put Carlos in his crib and then sat back down on the bed, pulling me in.

"I know your worried." Zayn started. "But this is now my job. I can't quite."

"But what if you don't come back? What if you get hurt really bad, or die?" I asked, freaking out. "Your the last of what I have and I can't loose you. I-I love you, Zayn. Seeing you hurt and beat up and almost dying, hurts me more."

My voice was cracking. I felt a knot in my throat. I losed my breath.

"Talia, calm down babe." Zayn said, standing up. "Look at me, baby."

I looked at him with my puffy eyes.

"I love you and dont think like that. I will always come back." Zayn said, hugging me.

I hugged him back and burried my head in his chest. He cupped my head.

Zayn kissed me and pulled me even closer. I kissed him back, I pulled his hair. His hands rubbing circles on my back.

"I love you, Zayn." I said, in the kiss.

"I love you too, Natalia." Zayn said, looking in my eyes.

******

I woke up, hearing Carlos crying. I got up and walked over to the crib. I picked him up and sat on the bed. I feed him, as he was starting to fall alseep again.

"Talia."

I turned my head to Zayn. He walked over to me and sat on the bed. "Yeah?"

"Wanna eat?" Zayn asked.

"Yes, I'll be down." I smiled.

"No, I ate. You go down and I'll hold him for you. Go head." Zayn smiled.

I laughed. Zayn kissed my cheek as I was getting up. I closed the door going down stairs.