FOUR

BrelandWednesday, April 17

Breland
Wednesday, April 17

Lunch

"Hey! Breland!" My feet stop when I hear someone call out for me. I just wanna get this day over with! My two first classes I have Richie and usually I go unnoticed but today, they were excruciating to sit through. I didn't even learn anything, well it's not like I learn anything in this fucking school anyway.

The whole lesson just consisted of Richie teasing, and annoying me. I have no idea what his problem is?! He never noticed me before; hell he didn't even know that I was in most of his classes. Is he just trying to sleep with me like every other girl in this school? Well if he thinks that's going to happen then he's wrong. I strongly dislike him, I don't hate him, I just dislike his whole attitude and demeanor. He acts like he's all that but he's not.

I don't entirely blame him, it's his way of coping. We all have our way of coping, mine is smoking cigarettes. At lunch, I usually go to the back of the school and just listen to my cassette and smoke. It just helps me get through the rest of the day without breaking down. I've been having the feeling of breaking down a lot more recently. But god is not on my side today, not that he's ever been on my side but today he's really testing me. Today instead of taking my smoke break I have to go and sit with a group of people that aren't necessarily bad, it's just that I would prefer to be alone.

I turn looking at Greta. I don't need this right now, "What the fuck do you want?" I was never bullied in middle school, not like how the losers were, but when they got to high school and magically became popular, the bullies needed a new person to pick on, besides all of the other kids in school; guess who they choses, little old me.

I don't care that much though, you get used to it after a while. People spreading rumors about me, saying that I sleep with guys just like my mother does. Some call me a dyke because my mom sleeps with girls, I don't care. They don't know a thing about me, and they never will. No one will, ever.

She folds her arms, "Oh I just wanted to know how long Richies- well you know what is." she smirks, her barbie dolls behind her start to snicker, "I mean you are his new, how do you say it? Bitch, right?" They all laugh and giggle. My fist clenches again, stinging my fresh cuts, but it helps.

I take a few steps toward her, if stares could kill, every single one of these bitches would be dead. I lean in close to her, "Greta, sweetie, I sure you already know that answer. I mean you were his first , weren't you? What was everyone saying, that you and Richie had sex? Wait! No, they didn't say that," I lean in close to her ear, "they said that Richie, fucked, you." I take a step back, her eyes are glossy, but her face is red with anger.

She stabs me in my chest with her finger. I smack her hand away, "Don't you fucking touch me!" I step up to her, "Hey, Hey l-l-let's calm down here. Greta come on just g-g-go, okay." I look to my side, there stands Bill, he's a bit in front of me, blocking me from Greta.