SEVEN

End of School

End of School

Breland
Friday, April 19

"Just come to the quarry with us tonight, please?"

I whine rolling my eyes, "Staaan, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Bev, 'I don't do the whole friend thing.'"

He turns to Bill with raised eyebrows, "Come on Bre, p-p-please? It'll only be for tonight-"

I roll my eyes again, "That's the same thing Bev said when I sat with you all at lunch, and look how that turned out."

Bill shakes his head, "Fine, don't come. But at least let us walk you home." I chuckle shaking my head, "Fine."

Bill smiles throwing his arms over Stan and I, "On ward!"

Do you think i'm happy? Do you think I want Stan and Bill to walk me home? I'm not and I don't, not after last night. I've been in endless pain all day, but you'll never know that. You'll never know that I got beat until I passed out. You'll never know that my mother pretended I didn't exist when she got home, and saw me on the ground, crying in pain. You will never see the 'beautiful art' Jack left on my body, only i'm aloud to see it.

You know why my face looks perfect and fine? Jack says it because he didn't wanna ruin my money maker, that no one will ever love me if he ruined it, that he did me a favor for not messing it up. Some fucking favor.

"Wait! Bill! Stan!" We all stop at the sound of a little voice. Bill turns around yanking me.

On the inside i'm crying, but on the outside I have a blank face.

A small figure runs our way, with his tiny legs, "Hey Eds, what's up!" He stops in front of us weezing, "Where... are... you... guys... going?" He frantically goes for his bag trying to find something.

Stan reaches out stopping him, "Eddie you're okay. You don't have asthma, and you don't need your inhaler."

Eddie looks to visibly calm down, realising his bag and stands up straight, "Um, so where are you going?"

He grips his bag straps, paying no mind to me, "Oh we're going t-t-to walk Bre home. We'll meet you guys at the quarry." Bill begins to lead Stan and I back away from the school, "Wait you're not going to ride with us?"

Eddie sounds sad, and if they walk me home Eddie will be upset and I don't want him to have another reason to hate me.

It's also way better if I don't show up with them back to my house, "Y-You know maybe you guys should just go and ride with the rest of the losers, it's fine with me. I kinda wanna walk home by myself anyway." Eddie rolls his eyes when I said losers but I ignore him.

Bill shakes his head, "No, No we're going to walk you home, you sai-"

I gently move his arm from around my shoulders, "Bill it's fine. Eddie really wants you guys to ride with him, it's okay."