Part 1

She stood by a tree opposite the dinosaur museum. She had been back for three weeks but just couldn't bring herself to go in. She had seen the Power Rangers from afar and wanted to say hi, but couldn't. Especially when she saw them out of their suits.

A few days ago she stood at the skatepark where she saw Chase on his skateboard. She was just about to go up to him but he stopped. He walked over to a bench. To a girl. A blonde. He sat next to her and put his arm round her with a kiss to her temple. Her heart sank.

Of course he moved on. Why wouldn't he? I haven't spoken to him in over a year.

She walked away, back to her house, back to her mum and brother.

"Hi Kylie. Did you have a nice day?" Her mum called from the kitchen.

"Yeah. Still catching up" Kylie smiled

"You'll have to bring them round one day. I haven't seen them around much. Especially Chase. He's a lovely lad."

"Yeah....yeah" she sighed and walked upstairs, "call me when teas done?"

"Of course love."

That day hurt. Kylie hadn't told her mum that she hadn't actually spoke to any of them; she continued to lie whenever she came home. But right now, she needed them.

—————————

I took a deep breath in and walked to the doors. The electric humming sound came from either side as they slid open, allowing me to walk into the museum. My heart thumped against my chest as I took each step. My stomach rolled as I neared the cafe.

I could see inside the cafe where Riley and Ivan were working away. At least it's not Chase. I walked in and Riley turned to look me dead in the eyes. He dropped the tray he was carrying, cups of soda and ice cream went all over the floor.

"Kylie?" He frowned

"Hi" I smiled before biting my lip. I'm still unsure if they want to see me. But I soon got my answer as Riley ran over and scooped me into a bear hug. "Oh. Ok" I slightly laughed as I was spun round

"What are you doing here?" Riley asked, putting me back onto my feet, "Does anyone else know you're here? When do you get back? How have you been? You lost weight? I don't like it. What are you doing here?"

"Woah! One questions at a time" I laughed at Riley's list of question. "You're the first I've seen."

"Hey man, could you grab me a -" a familiar voice came from behind me. I stopped breathing. I couldn't. That day flashed back in front of my eyes. Seeing him with that blonde.

I slowly turned round to see him. He looked like he always did: amazing. Chase was carrying his skateboard under his arm like always, cap backwards and slightly ripped black jeans. He continued to stare at me. I swallowed my breath before speaking "Hi Chase."

He took a few steps before his brow furrowed. "Kylie? Wha...wh...wh....what you doing here?"

"I've moved back. For good."

"Wow" he breathed out, not breaking eye contact with me.