Part 2

"Hey Chase, do you think we should -" that blonde came bouncing in and wrapped an arm round Chase before realising he was staring at me, "what's going on? Who are you?" She asked, looking between the two of us.

"This is Kylie. She's an old friend of ours" Riley popped in, moving to the side of me.

"Oh. Well, I'm Scarlet" she jumped over to me and put a hand out. I gently took it and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you" I faked smiled at this beautiful thing in front of me. "I just moved back to the area so came to say hi."

"Oh my god that's so nice! Did you miss Amber Beach?" Scarlet had moved back to Chase and wrapped an arm round him again. He hadn't moved though and was still staring at me.

"Something like that yeah" I smiled as Ivan came in from the kitchen.

"Lady Kylie!" He shouted as he too picked me up and spun me round, just like Riley had.

"Hi Ivan" I laughed, "You've changed, but only a little."

"Ma'lady, I will always be a gentleman" he put me down and now kissed my hand.

"That's much better" I smiled away. I looked back over to Chase and Scarlet as I spoke, "I'm gonna head off." I walked past the two and turned back to Riley, "Text me later?"

"Will do" he smiled and waved me off.

"See ya later guys" I waved before almost running out the museum, my heart thumping as a lump formed in my throat. I hadn't realised I was holding back tears.

I managed to get to a bench a little further away from the museum before I let them fall. "Stop it stop it stop it" I whispered to myself, waving my hands in front of my face. I'm not sure what it was suppose to do, but it wasn't doing it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump to see who it was. "Riley. You scared me."

"Sorry. Didn't mean to." He moved round and sat next to me on the bench.

We sat in silence for a few moments as I continued to cry. I tried to stop a few times but didn't; I was now just crying silent tears.

"How long have they been together?" I finally asked.

"Few months. Met at the park and they seemed to hit it off." Riley explained looking down to the ground. "She's nothing compared to you though."

"I should've stayed in touch."

"Maybe. But who's to say that would've stopped him dating her?"

"Don't be logical" I moaned with a smirk.

"Sorry" he smirked turning to face me, "he does still love you."

"Funny way of showing it. Dating someone else." I wiped away my tears and kicked the stones under my feet.

"We didn't think you'd come back." Riley sighed. This is true. I didn't even think I'd come back, so why would they think I would?

"Does she know?" I looked up to Riley. His eyes seemed to glitter in the setting sun, I hadn't noticed it before.

"No. We decided to keep it all a secret from everyone. It protects them from -"

"Everything."

"Exactly."