𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠

♝♗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄:

𝑊 𝑂 𝑅 𝑆 𝑇 𝐹 𝐸 𝐴 𝑅 𝑆

ELEVEN MONTHS AGO

Campus Dorms, Auradon Prep.

           Mal was certain this would work, though she wasn't entirely sure herself as to what it would work out. All she knew was she had to get to the bottom of Auradon's history with Wonderland. She had to find out exactly what went down, not for her sake but for Ben's. That night with Ruby and her people, she learned about all the injustices magical people were facing. But, what she didn't learn was what actually went down between the two lands. What really happened between Auradon and Wonderland? She had already heard from Auradon's side of the story. She was missing the other side. And who better to help than a Wonderlander? Apparently the answer wasn't that because ironically if you ask a Wonderlander of their home realm they react harshly, in anger or in defense but the end was always the same. They'd walk away and you'd get no new information. That's what she remembered from Jax when they were kids, hopefully, Ruby will have a different stance.

           She knocked loudly against her door knowing she'd be alone. It took a second later for the door to open and she was met with the tall curly-haired queen of the Wonderlanders. She was wearing a long vertical striped red and white sundress. "Lady Mal," She greeted softly but had no tone of surprise. She never did, Mal noticed. Ruby always talked so sure of everything, never surprised or shocked. It made Mal feel uneasy. "What brings you here?" She welcomed her into her bedroom, her arm stretching out to let her come in.

           "We need to talk."

Tourney Field, Auradon Prep.

           A part of Jay was debating on how to go with this. Back home, whenever you wanted information out of someone there was a standard procedure. It was fear. You find out what that person is most afraid of and then you re-introduce yourself as their new number one fear. You make it clear that whatever they're scared of is nothing compared to you.

           He figured that probably wasn't the best idea as to how to approach Nate. So, just like most of the things he did in Auradon, he winged it.

           "Hey man," Jay greeted the equally tall Wonderlander. "I'm headed out for lunch, there's this kickass food truck that makes the best chicken wings in Auradon. Wanna join me?"

           Nate debated it quickly before nodding, "I could eat."

           Jay grinned, food always worked.

Campus Dorms, Auradon Prep.

           "Knock knock," Evie announced her presence, knocking softly on Wyc's open door to the garage.

           "Evie, to what do I owe the pleasure?" The words, while mainly used in charming pleasantries did not match his tone. Which was perceived as apathetic and uninterested.

           "Well, I heard that you're quite the engineer." She smiled brightly, knowing it was one of her best qualities to use if she wanted him to get talking fast.