chapter 5 - jealous?

Chapter five –  Jealous?

I walk into Maver’s room; I stop at the sight of Kara lying down with Maver’s head resting on top of her stomach looking at her boobs. “I’m going food shopping, you want anything?” I ask not wanting to show the irritation in my voice.  Her eyes rake over my body making me smirk slightly, knowing she is pleased with what she sees.

“No man. What time is it?” my brother asks making me look at him. I fish around in my jeans pocket and flip open my phone. “A little after noon.”

“Hey Kara why don’t you just ride with Logan and he can drop you off.” Maver suggested getting off of Kara as he did so. Kara didn’t look pleased with this suggestion.

“I can wait for you.” She said flatly, not even looking at me. I don’t know what her problem with me was she was the one who performed the little stunt this morning.

“Then I don’t have to waist gas money.” My brother told her clearly not picking up on her tone. “And I have things to do.”

“Like what? Sleep.” She snapped, I looked away trying not to smile at the temper she just let rip at my brother. I no I shouldn’t be happy but the thought of the two of them together gets under my skin.

Maver tried to lighten the mood by playfully shoving her. “Or you could just stay with here with me I guess.” That didn’t please the little fire cracker who stood up suddenly “You’ll never get me home in time Maver.” She bent down picked the clothes off the floor and looked at me. I kept my face blank trying not to look amused by her little strop. “Just give me a minute to get dressed.” She said looking me straight in the face. “Okay.” I said not wanting to move, I wanted to see more of that toned, tanned build of hers.

“Uhm, could you get out? I gotta change.”  She said whilst closing the door in my face. This pissed me off, so much for not being with my brother. She can change in front of him and not me. What is this girl doing to me, I don’t do being jealous especially over my little brother.

I decide to have a smoke whilst waiting by the front door for her to get dressed. I notice her coming towards me “Ready.” I ask without looking at her I’m still slightly pissed with the changing situation. She nods at me, all the time checking me out “Yeah.” I didn’t say anything but felt pleased with the looks I am getting. I don’t say a word to her as we make our way to the car.

I can’t keep it in any longer “Yeah right you and Maver are just friends.” I announce as I start the engine. She looks at me; I give her a cold stare “We are.”

“Hence the undressing act.”  She laughs at me, really she finds this situation funny because all I no is I am getting more angry.

“I used to take baths with the kid when we were toddlers. He’s seen more of me than I have” this doesn’t make me feel any better about the situation but she’s looking at me waiting for a response. “Kinky.” Was all I could say.

“He’s just a friend.” She says again with a laugh in her voice.

I cock my eye brow at her still not convinced but then who am I to judge what they are to each other. “Guess I should try being your friend then.” She rolls her eyes at me with the very witty come back of “Whatever.”