Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve  –

Sitting in the living room I sucked on my pot pipe trying to forget what I had just done to Kara, I know at times I can be an arse hole but I would never force a girl; I’ve never needed too they always come willingly. Letting the smoke fill the room my shoulders began to relax and the stress slowly seeping out of my system when I started to hear voices, looking towards the hall I notice Kara walking towards me her stunning legs on display from the boxers she wore barely reaching her mid-thigh and the oversized man’s tee falling off one shoulder made her look all vulnerable but sexy, what is it with this girl getting under my skin that way. Only after slowly appraising her did I realise she wasn’t talking to me; noticing the kid behind her.

“And where are you headed miss fashion statement?” I asked in as casual tone trying to get us back on a normal playing field. I don’t want it to go back to one word answers and awkward silences.

“I’m dropping her off at her place.” The kid spoke up, stepping out properly from behind Kara instantly pissing me off, who did he think he was getting between me and my fiery red head.

Scoffing at his response “You sure you even old enough to drive kid?” staring at Kara trying to see how she was feeling about where we now stand she just won’t look me in the eye instead focusing her attention on the kid.

“Yeah I’d tell you what year I was born in but I doubt you could do the math.” The chuckle that escaped Kara’s lips surprised me and pissed me off even more, what is with this kid seriously he wants to do this with me in front of Kara in my own home.

“You should watch what you’re saying while you’re in other people’s houses kid.” I couldn’t help the change in my tone it had suddenly become more serious and a slight edge of aggression. I noticed Kara begin to turn towards the door but he just couldn’t leave it.

“And you should know to mind your own business and let people leave.” The boys stance was now defensive and slightly in front of Kara, oh so now he wants to be the protective friend. Oh god he wants her too as if I didn’t have enough troubles with my brothers little crush on her I now have to deal with this one too. Right let’s try this differently.

“Just thought you were cool enough last night and it’d be a shame to have you sucked into a gaping black hole without at least being warned that you may lose a limb there and never find it again.” The look on Kara’s face was actually priceless her mouth had actually formed an o shape just like in the movies I didn’t think people actually did that.

“I’m sure you wouldn’t know first-hand so I won’t take your word for it, but thanks for the warning mate.” Walking towards the door I watched him signal to leave and watch as Kara finally acknowledged me staring at me in disbelief deciding in that moment with the pot still in my system I wanted her to stay a little bit just to see if she would actually say anything or just let the kid speak on her behalf. Just as she was heading for the door I couldn’t help myself my mouth just started talking before I could even register what I am saying.

“And what if I said I personally knew how gaping a hole it is?”

Spinning around Kara’s eyes were like fire but her mouth still stayed welded shut I smirked at her trying to keep her attention on me instead of the kid. As much as I claimed to be annoyed about running her around I actually enjoy it, spending time with her on a one on one basis is cool we seem to click in a way like never before. She broke the eye contact and left as the kid finally responded to my statement.

“I’d say you were a liar.” With that he closed the door and left with my Kara.

Kicking the table in front of me I realised I had cocked it up again I really shouldn’t interact with her after drink or drugs it seems to end extremely badly.