Prologue: He's my Babysitter?!

Paris, France

One month before the first semester starts...

Sey's POV:

Excuse me.....Can you run that by me again?" I looked at my cousin Sarina, who was sitting in front of me outside the veranda table while we were enjoying cakes and coffee.

I was so excited to come to Paris for the first time and visit her after I came from Illyria only to be surprised by her new graduation gift to me.

This beautiful apartment was whitewashed and furnished according to what I want. I was floored that she listened to one of my rants of owning one in the future when I work here.

It was the best gift I could ever receive!

Until she dropped this bomb on me.

"I know you are not dumb Sey, As I have already said. I have assigned Luis to be your personal chef and your guardian until you graduate; the money that I have set aside for you every month will also be managed by him so he is...also your legal advisor." my cousin sipped her tea slowly, savoring the lightness of it and then took a small cucumber sandwich and nibbled on it.

"Why him? Can't we hire someone else? He's your legal advisor right?"

"Now that I have finished my online business course. I wanted to try to manage my accounts and Leone will help me. Luis promised to act as a consultant so I think he would be of more use to you than to me."

I struggled not to roll my eyes at the mention of the redhead lawyer and about how I almost killed him during our vacation in Coron when I lost control of my "power".

He apologized when we were cave exploring and I accepted but somehow it was still awkward for me to look him in the eye and not to remember how Sarina tried to stop him from jumping to his death.

That incident has made me more conscious about myself because there was a whole other "me" that I have yet to discover.

"It is not forever Sey." her voice became more gentle as she touched my hand. "Just until you graduate with your Master's degree and then I promise that you'll be home free."

I silently thought about it. In the past few weeks that I have known the lawyer, he has never really interfered with my school business when Sarima went to Illyria.

Mere polite calls to check in on me and the usual visits to check on my well-being.

Yeah. I guess I can tolerate it.

Besides that, I am secretly happy that someone will be cooking my meals for me.

I cannot cook to save my life. That was perhaps my greatest failing as a
female since Sarina cooks really good home-style meals.

"Just until I graduate. For you, I'll accept having a babysitter." I crossed my arms and gave her a catty smile.

"Sey. I want you to promise that you will control your voice; I know that Cat and Leone have been taking turns training you but I want no repeat of that incident at Coron." she reminded me and I nodded.

It was not too long ago that I awakened my gift, like my older brother, I possesse the Gift of Command. It allows me to control anyone's actions just by commanding them and it is a very dangerous ability if it was not reined in.

"I have been getting better cuz. Don't worry about me okay?" I patted her hand to reassure her. "Anyways, enough of that. Big brother Leone already assigned an agent to watch over my training. It seems like she is a new female recruit who has a similar ability and is well versed in controlling her pitch."