Chapter 5: Punishment Time

Sey's POV:

After a great movie, Luis suddenly got a call and excused himself for a moment.

I could feel Jessie shadowing me as my Mirage Agent so I waited by the fountain and that gave me time to gather my confused thoughts.

When did I started noticing him as a guy?

When I first met him, it was at the hospital and my first impression of him was not good since he stressed out Sarina when she was recovering from her surgery.

Then he started appearing more frequently when my cousin inherited the title of duchess. He started as her legal advisor and I had no choice but to interact with him.

He was not that bad looking...

Okay, that was a lie. Any girl with a brain can see that he is handsome.

I looked him as he talked on his phone, his auburn hair catching the light and his modelesque built catching the attention of every girl in the vicinity.

His glasses gave him an intellectual hottie vibe and damn if he does not wear those clothes too well.

Okay girl. Stop. Concentrate...where were you again?

Oh yes. Why do you think you like him?

Hmmm...I guess I never really thought of him as a man until...

It must have started when Sarina left for Illyria for Henry's funeral and I was left all alone on the condo apartment.

I was feeling lonely at times but I don't usually open up to people well. Whenever my friends cannot spare time to cheer me up, somehow...some way...Luis visits and would often check on me.

At first, he would only stay to make sure I am eating well and check my health but then he started cooking snacks for me when I was cramming for exams or watch a pay per view movie with me when I am bored.

It was a thoughtful gesture not many guys would usually do.

Before I knew it, I felt close to him and he seems to like my company. It was my first feeling so comfortable and at ease with another man...

It felt so nice.

But then....that revelation that I was a princess came out and when Luis and Sarina confronted me with it.

Somehow I felt even more betrayed by him than with my own cousin and...my emotions ran wild and...

I remember how that ended.

Somehow after that. Even though he apologized to me at Coron, I really thought everything would be back to normal.

Except it did not feel like that anymore and I wondered....was it because something has changed between us?

He has been feeding me well enough and we talk but not as much as before since he always seem to want to get away from me....

And yet the feelings would not fade....

"Sorry about that. Shall we go?" Luis came back and I was forced to stop my wayward thoughts.

"O-oh s-sure. Uhm...Let's go do some shopping." I turned to go but suddenly a few girls suddenly pushed past me rudely and went straight for him. "Hey!"

"Hi handsome. Are you doing anything? Wanna come with us?" One girl cooed.

"We will guarantee you that you'll have fun." Another girl chimed in

But Luis politely moved one girl aside and he put an arm around me until our bodies touched. I was startled because of the spark I felt when my hips touched his side.