PART ONE

She glanced at the clock for what seemed like the 100th time. And she realised she had been standing in front of the mirror for about an hour, so unusual of her. She took one last glance in the mirror and then to the clock when it struck 12 noon. She was nervous, yet again unusual of her. Disconnecting her phone from the charger, she kept it in her bag. She checked herself again before leaving the house. After shutting the door behind her, she took long breaths to get rid of the nervousness. She walked downstairs and booked an ola cab. In what about felt like an infinity had passed, the cab arrived. She got in and looked outside the window. She heard faint music playing in the cab. She asked the driver to turn up the volume when she realised that it was "Tere Sang Yaara" by Atif. Their favourite song. A smile played on her lips when the song played. She was nervous, giddy, happy, shy, anxious all at the same time.

After reaching her destination she called him.
"Hello?" She said in nervousness.

"Hey. I'm here, where are you? I have no idea where to go as it's my first time coming here, you know right?" He said and she could imagine his smile on his face.

"Don't worry. What are you wearing?" She asked with a little confidence so she can assure him that she'll find him.

"Black shirt. As you said to." He said. That made her smile.

"Okayyy. So tell me about the things around you?" She asked so it would be easier for her to find him in the crowd.

"Uhmm. Wait. Here's a police van on my left. A juice centre on my right. And the entrance of the station in front of me, maybe, yeah that's it." He said maybe locating all the things and wondering if he gave the wrong directions.

"Okay, so I know where you are. Just don't go anywhere. And don't end the call either." She said walking towards his said directions. She could hear her heart beat so loudly. She could hear him take long breaths, maybe he was just as nervous as her. After all, it was the first time they'd be seeing each other in person.

She was just five steps away from him. And the first thing that struck her mind was "Gosh! He's tall!" She didn't say to him that she had found him. She stood there looking at him. His hair all messy by running his fingers through them numerous times, yet so perfect. The black shirt defining his perfect muscular body and giving peeks of his six-pack abs. His eyes all in search of her. His eyes filled with what looked like desire. His fingers fiddling with the ring she gifted him. She saw his lips moving and then she realised that she was on a call with him and that he is saying something.

"Sorry, what did you say?" She asked.

"Oh come on don't space out now. I was asking where are you?" He asked anxiously.

"Also I see a girl ogling me. It's creepy! Are all the people in your Mumbai like this? For God's sake, someone please tell her I'm in a relationship! Will you hurry up? She isn't even averting her gaze! How weird!" He exclaimed dramatically.

She laughed when she heard him being so dramatic. She was glad he didn't find her as she was wearing hijab. He wouldn't recognise her until she was really close to him. And so she practically won their challenge. Whoever finds the other first will get a treat, childish? They called it their expression of love.

With a smile on her face which he cannot see because of the hijab, she walked towards him. He was looking at the other side. She stood in front of him and said over the call even though he could hear her from here.
"End the call now."

He looked at her for a second and hugged her, tight enough to take her breath away. Then again, that was all she wanted. She felt a tear travel down her cheeks and fall on his shirt, but her smile proved it was a happy tear. He loosened his grip on her waist just for them to come face to face. She saw the glistening in his eyes until he whispered in her ears with a smirk on his face:

"Do you really think I didn't see you drooling thinking about me?"

"Don't flatter yourself!" She said rolling her eyes and avoiding the blush creeping her face.

"Oh, you owe me a treat love. Don't back off now." He said with a playful smile.

She didn't want to give a comeback. She chose to keep silent and thank God for giving her happiness in the form of him. No matter how many miles they lived far away, their love conquered every time. That moment she believed long distance is one of the purest relationships.