1 - Dada Kitty

Kit was jetlagged but he still tries to drive as careful as he can. He just got back from London where he was a guest speaker for a long week Surgeon's seminar, he specializes in cardiac surgery.

Not a minute upon arriving he received a text from Beam asking for a visit in his newly opened derma clinic inside a mall. This was Beam's 7th clinic and Kit was more than proud of his bestfriend.

His phone rings and it reads Dr. Beam on the caller sign. He sighed before answering the call.

"Ai Kitty! Where are you at?!! Are you on your way?!!" Beam asked as hyper as ever.

"Shit Beam. Don't shout at me. I'm driving and I almost ran over someone."

"Haha! Sorry Kitty."

Kitty, he is still annoyed at the way his friends calls him by that nickname. More so than anyone he is annoyed by a particular someone who used to call him that all the time.

Kit wondered how this someone was doing. Is he eating well? Is he sleeping enough? It's been more than 3 years when he just vanished into thin air. No explanation. Nothing. Kit just woke up one day and he was alone.

Recalling the past still hurts Kit in ways he cannot explain. It still feels like little punches in his heart. He still has a lot of unanswered questions he's trying to bury at the back of his mind up to this day.

"Ai Kit? Kiiiiittt!!" Beam shouted once more.
Kit jolted out of the trance and came back to his senses.

"Beam I'll be there after lunch. I'll catch some sleep before heading out. I'm almost home."

Exhaustion was evident in Kit's voice and Beam knew better than to bother him.

"See you Kitty. Take care."

Kit ended the call as he was pulling up the driveway.

Home sweet home.

Kit's house was very modern and minimal, a few paintings hanging from the living area most have been given as a gift from a particular person he used to love. Kit couldn't bring himself in throwing the paintings away because it reminded him of good and happy memories. And so he kept both. He smiles whenever he sees the paintings, now his smile doesn't reach his eyes.

Kit decided to sleep and he passed out thinking of what to bring Beam as a gift for his newly opened clinic.

He woke up almost disoriented and checked his bed side clock. It was now 2:30 and he promised Beam that he will be there afterlunch.

He immediately took a shower and dressed his best before picking up his keys and driving out which took him 28 minutes before he arrived.

Kit almost facepalmed himself when he remember he doesn't have any present with him and he knew Beam would throw a tantrum if he comes empty handed and on top of that he is already late.

Kit entered the mall and headed towards a pastry shop. He knows Beam's weakness is chocolate cake, he will not be able to resist this.

As he was looking at the glass counter, checking all the goodies, he felt something bumped and bounced off his left leg.

He looked down and saw a child as cute as an angel. He smiled and assisted the child in standing up.

"Hello there. Where is your mommy?" He asked the child gently.

The child happily pointed at him. Kit was confused. He looked around to check if any parent was coming to get the baby boy but there was no one.

Kit kept asking the child but he was not being paid any attention for the little angel was now distracted by the chocolate cake on the glass counter. This made Kit's heart warm and he cant help but smile.

He decided to buy two boxes of the same chocolate cake. He'll give the other box to the baby who keeps following him like a puppy.

He crouched down so he could talk to the little guy.

"Alright. Now I will take you to the mall security so we can find your mommy. Okay?" He smiled reassuringly to the child.

The little boy then raised both of his arms as if asking Kit to carry him. With the two cake boxes in one hand he managed to do so.

"Dada Kitty.."

The child hugged on a shocked Kit.

"What did you say?"

For a moment Kit thought he was losing his mind. A child who he has never met called his name.

"Daddy Kitty.. dhskdksksk" and the child mumbled into baby talks

It must have been just his imagination.

He felt a light tap on his shoulders that made him turned around.

"Where are you taking my--"

Kit was stunned. Here he was, after more than 3 years, standing in front of the guy who left him with no reason or goodbye.

Ming was staring at him and the child in Kit's arms as if he can't believe what he was seeing.

They were both lost for words. Eyes filled with longing and something more.

The child wriggles in Kit's arms and turned towards Ming.

"Daddy.." the baby giggles.

Loud heartbeats pounding on his chest is the only sound Kit can hear at this moment, nothing more.