9 - Truth & Trauma

Ming rolled his body on the bed, his arms searching for Kit. He sat up when he felt no one with him. While scratching his left eye he scanned the room, he was definitely alone.

Maybe Kit went out with P'Beam and P'Pha, is what Ming had thought.

He heard his tummy rumbled. It definitely took out most his energy.

He got up and headed for the shower. Oh how he would have loved to do it in the bathroom with Kit. Just the thought of it brought him to life again. Maybe some other time.

"I was his first." Ming uttered to himself. He couldn't shake the thought just as he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He was on cloud nine.

With still wet hair he went out to look for Kit. The latter seemed to be ignoring his phonecalls and line messages.

It was dark now and extremely cold.

He came across Beam and Pha walking towards his direction, both looked somewhat disappointed and mad at something. Ming greeted them but not one paid any attention to him and just continued walking as if they didn't saw him.

Worried and annoyed he checked out the shore.

There he saw Kit, sitting alone on a log, staring out in the horizon where there were little dots of lights coming from the boats, watching the waves.

"P'Kit you had me worried. I was looking for you. Why didn't you answer my calls?"
Ming sat beside the silent Kit.

Kit did not answer nor looked at Ming. He was biting his lips, seething in resentment.

"P'Kit.. is something wrong?" Ming tried putting his arms over Kit only to be swatted away.

Ming was shocked even more when Kit suddenly stood up ready to burst in anger.

"You're a liar! I should've known. I gave myself to you! I t-trusted you.. again. You were the same playboy Ming back in college!" Kit was starting to breakdown.

Ming didn't know how to react, confused and lost. He was hurt from he just heard from Kit. It felt like his heart was being squashed, pulled and being torn out of his chest.

"Kit.. I don't understand." Ming stood up and walked where Kit was standing.

"Don't act d-dumb now. I answered a call from your phone. S-some slut was asking when you'll be free so y-you could see each other. Now that you got what you wanted from m-me.. Y-you'll disappear and you'll leave me again.."

The world stopped for Ming. His heart was about to explode. He could not bear the sight of Kit crying again because of him.

Kit was on his knees on the sand, tears running down his cheeks, both arms grabbed a fistful of his own hair and started pulling it.

"I'm so stupid. Stupid Kit. So stupid." Kit repeated over and over.

Ming immediately kneeled down and held both of Kit's arms. He locked Kit in an embrace so he wouldn't be able to hurt himself further.

"Please stop. Kit.. I'll never cheat on you. I'll never leave you even if you asked me to. I love you. I love you then and I love you now and I will only love you even more everyday.."

It wasn't enough and Ming knew they both had to talk about this one thoroughly.

"I'm tired Ming.."

He held Kit's face. He wiped the tears.

"No.. B-baby no.. Don't say that. Tell me her name, the one who called my phone. Maybe it was a wrong number or just a misunderstanding.. I'll.. I'll fix this baby." Ming was panicking. What if Kit wouldn't believe him? What would he do if Kit decides to leave him?

Kit stayed silent. Shoulders would lift up and down from sobbing.

Ming pulled his phone and checked his call log history. The most recent was from Prae, Mingkit's teacher who he remembers to hit on him at every chance she gets.

"L-look.. Kit.. baby look. It was Prae who called. She's a teacher at Mingkit's preschool. She likes me and she calls me all the time to ask me out but I never did and never will. I never answered her calls or messages. I didn't spent any time alone with her. Please please.. believe me Kit." Desperation was evident in Ming's voice.

Everything he said was the truth but he knew in Kit's ears it sounded like an excuse, a lame one. He even showed Kit the contents of his phone.

"Kit? Baby please say something.." Ming held his breath, tears threatening to fall. Frustration and total helplessness dominated Ming's whole body.

"I don't know what to believe in anymore." Kit said softly, his voice cracking.

Ming froze. He felt numb. Kit is in his arms but he can feel him slowly slipping away. Fear and pain slowly creeping within him.