18 - Everything, Everything

"Ming? Can we talk?" Kit asked as he was entering the living room while drying his hair with a towel.

Ming was on the couch and had been typing away on his laptop with his glasses on, seemingly working on something very important. He looks too serious in Kit's eyes. Maybe the most serious he had ever seen him.

"If you're busy we can talk later. I'm not in a rush or anything." Kit gently suggested. Ming looked somewhat stressed and he wouldn't want to add any fuel on that. He stood beside Ming, accidentally glancing at the laptop's screen. It was filled with screenshots of blueprints of what looked like a manor within a farm. Maybe it's for a client, Kit had thought.

For all his childlike actions and decisions, Ming was a man of great intellect and has always been passionate of everything he does. Kit was now beginning to see this. This wasn't the playboy Ming he had met when they were young, this was his future husband.

Ming closed his laptop and placed it beside him. He removed his glasses and massaged the bridge of his nose while yawning.

"I think you need to rest. You've been working since morning." Kit brushed up the hair on Ming's forehead.

Ming reached out and pulled Kit on his waist forcing him to sit on his lap side ways.

"It's okay. Just a bit worked up, that's all. What do you want to talk about?" Ming was sniffing Kit's shoulder. His hands rubbing Kit's belly.

"I want to talk about us." Kit answered.

"What about us?" Ming stiffened, his hand immediately stopped.

Kit noticed right away so he continued on running his hands through his hair to calm him down. He leaned in and kissed him on the temples.

"I'm not saying that we rushed into this. I would never take back my answer on the beach that night. I just.. I think we missed each other so much that we forgot the little things that you know, we might need to shed some light to."

"What things?" Ming asked as he pulls Kit closer to him.

"You know what I'm talking about." Kit smiled sadly.

Ming fell silent. He just nuzzled on Kit's neck. He should have known that it was only a matter of time before Kit would ask him about everything. 

"Ming? Why didn't you come back to me sooner? I want to know why." Kit's voice was so soft that it almost came out as a whisper.

"I w-was embarrassed.. of what I did to you and of myself. I didn't know what to tell you when I learned the truth about dad. Do you remember that night P'Kit when you sent me all those Line messages? You were asking me where I was and you said how worried you were because I haven't sent you any message or called or showed my face to you for three days." Ming cleared his throat when he felt that he almost choke on his words.

Kit swallowed hard and nodded. How could he forget that night? It was the night he asked himself repeatedly what he did wrong to drove Ming away or perhaps he said something that Ming didn't liked or maybe because Ming realized that he was just too hard to love.

"I went to your apartment that night." Ming's eyes started to tear up.

"I couldn't bring myself to knock when I heard you crying on the other side of the door. That was the same night that I lost you and I had to come to terms that I was losing my dad too." Ming had to pause to take a deep breath.

"Every part of me hurts, it still does when I remember what I did to my P'Kit." Ming buried his face in between Kit's neck and shoulder closer as if having him on his lap and within his arms isn't enough.

"W-what did you do after then? After we s-separated I mean." Kit slowly wrapped his arms around Ming and kisses him every now and then. 

"I had to learn how to be father and how to be a businessman at the same time." Ming's smile was bittersweet.

"It was difficult but was also rewarding. I couldn't imagine my life without Mingkit." There was a sense of pride in his voice. Kit thought that this may be the reason why Ming turned out to be the man he is now.

"Ming.. I never get to ask you this but what happened to Mingkit's.. m-mother?" Kit held his breath, almost too afraid to hear Ming's answer. He shifted on Ming's lap trying to prepare himself.

"I met his mother in a surrogacy clinic."

Kit almost jumped from what he heard.

"She was kind and sweet so I chose her to be our son's surrogate mother." Ming said as he looks up at Kit.

"But.. I thought.. Y-you.." Kit was utterly confused and was having a hard time processing what Ming had told him.

"You thought I met someone else?" 

Kit felt a slight chuckle vibrated from Ming's chest that he was leaning against on.

"P'Kit I can't be with anyone if it's not you. When P'Beam invited me again for his clinic opening I knew you'll be there and I had to take that chance."

Kit leaned closer and kissed Ming. It was slow and warm and gentle. It felt like daylight that drove all the shadows of the past away. Kit felt his heart swells with joy. He can feel his tears burst and cascaded down his cheeks. Their lips parted, Ming rests his forehead against Kit's. They looked at each in the eyes. With a teary eyed smile Ming placed his hands on Kit's cheek as he wipes the tears before it fell. He wanted to catch every single drop of it. Kit's arms tightened.

"Ming, thank you for coming back.."