03

chapter three || Flirt & Talk

"What are you doing?" Dionysus asked as he stood at the door, watching me fix the bed in one of the bedrooms in the Big House.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I replied.

"It looks like you're going to sleep in here." He said.

"That's because I'm going to sleep in here." I said.

"You're supposed to sleep in your mother's cabin." He said.

"Are you going to make me?" I asked.

"No." He muttered, walking away.

"Good night!" I exclaimed, shutting the door.

-

The next day, Clea walked along the strawberry patch of camp half blood.

"What are you doing?" Dionysus asked as he appeared behind her as Clea was about to put a strawberry in her mouth.

"I'm about to eat a strawberry." Clea answered, smiling.

"You missed your archery lesson for the day." Dionysus said.

"I don't really need it. Not when I have my future baby daddy here to protect me from any harm." Clea said, winking at Dionysus.

"Prophecies are never accurate, Clea and please do not call me your baby daddy ever again." Dionysus said.

"Is hubby better for you?" Clea asked.

"I could strangle you right now and no one would ever know." Dionysus replied.

"You're kinky. I like it." Clea said.

"You're more annoying than I thought." Dionysus said as Clea grabbed his face and kissed him softly.

Clea honestly expected him to push her away, to push her on the ground and leave, never to interact with her ever again.

Instead he pulled her closer, kissing her back, pulling her closer and closer.

After a long time, they broke apart.

"Am I still annoying now?" Clea asked.

"Yes." He answered, walking away.

-

"You know it's going around that Dionysus and you were making out in the strawberry patch." Piper said to her older half sister.

"I know." I said.

"Is it true?" Piper asked.

"Yes, he's an amazing kisser, I almost wanted to rip his clothes off." I answered.

"Eww! Too much information." Piper said.

"You asked, Piper." I said, smiling.

"So, are you guys dating or what?" She asked.

"No, that was just me giving him a sneak peek." I replied.

-

Zeus was sitting in his room watching his son, Dionysus, down at Camp Half-Blood Hill.

He had seen Dionysus with the daughter of Aphrodite, Clea, who was more like her mother than he thought was possible.

"Dad, I know you're watching me." Dionysus said.

"Was I that obvious?" Zeus asked.

"Yes." Dionysus answered.

"Well then, I guess we should have that talk." Zeus said.

"What talk?" Dionysus asked.

"The talk." Zeus answered.