She's Handy

"Babe?" Sam called out, coming downstairs. "Where are you?"

"Garage!" Alex yelled back. It was a quiet Saturday afternoon and Alex said she was going to do some work around the house while Ruby was out with friends for the day, letting her girlfriend relax. The CFO was treated to homemade brunch that Alex somehow didn't burn, took a long, steamy bath with essential oils and candles, and stole her partner's fluffy, white NASA hoodie and boxers.

Sam leaned against the doorframe, crossing her arms with a smile as she sees a pair of feet sticking out from under her car, the hood of it up. "What are you doing now?"

"I pumped some air into your tires and mine, switched out the oil, added some windshield wiper fluid, and amongst other things that you wouldn't understand and would get bored of."

The brunette hums, nodding her head to the side. "Accurate."

"Told you." Alex grunts a bit as she pushes herself out from underneath the car, her flannel shirt, old white tank underneath, and jeans decorated with spots of oil and dirt everywhere, as well as her face as she grins like a kid on Christmas. "Also cleaned the gutters and fixed the sink."

"The one downstairs that we never use except only when the washer drains the water?"

"Yep," she says, popping the 'p' as she gets up wiping the grease off her hands as she looks over the engine, trying to push her hair back with just a movement of her head. "You were relaxing, and I figured I'd just do somethings I wanted to do. Plus, I was bored." Alex grins when she feels a hand on her shoulder that trails down her arm. "I don't want you to get dirty, Samantha."

Her grin furthers when Sam tugs her back on her belt loops, trying to angle her head up when her back hits Sam's front, meeting her for a small passionate kiss, grinning into it when she wraps her arms around her front. "Yeah, we're definitely gonna get down and dirty."

"I need to shower."

"I'll join you."

"Didn't you just—"

"You said you were bored, right?" Sam teases her as she walks away slowly, matching Alex's grin as she waggled a finger at her. "C'mon, grease monkey. Use those tools of yours."