Chapter 5 - Excuse Me?

Ruth's POV

Bronny picked up the facetime and up popped Madison's face. I backed away and went behind the wall so I could eavesdrop *Cause I'm lowkey am nosey as heck!!

"Hey babe! what you doin"

"What it do bayyybeee🥴" Bronny said.

It's crazy how Bronny is talking all love stuff when he was just flirting with me. I kept my hear closer to the wall.

"I heard something.. Is someone over?"

I saw Bronny freeze looking around the room.

"Yeah you know that girl that was at basketball tryouts? Her caretaker or whatever and my dad are friend's. Her names Ruth."

"Well I know that.. Flip the camera"

I ran to the couch put in my headphones and looked at my notebook. From the corner of my eye Bronny flipped the camera. I looked up and saw Madison on the screen. "Oh hey Madison! How's it going." I said nervously. Hopefully I didn't give anything away.

"Hey Ruth. Bronny pass Ruth the camera and put your headphones in."

Bronny gave me his phone. I unplugged my headphones and pretended to put my headphones in cause I wanted Bronny to listen. He was looking at me staring at Madison.

"You put in your headphones?"

"Sure."

"I don't know who you think you are but you can't take my place. You clearly DON'T know who I am and you couldn't fit in my place even if you tried."

"Excuse me? Last time I check at least I didn't accuse my own boyfriend of cheating!"

PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE. You guys are probably confused so before we go ahead. Before I ever came to California I followed a page on Instagram called @badison____ I guess like a page for Bronny ad Madison and I heard they broke almost 2 TIMES! I could do way better hmmmm I flipped my hair

"How do you even know about that?"

Bronny's eyes widen. I guess he was surprised. If Madison wanted the smoke. The smoke she's gonna get.

"That's none of your business how I know 🤣🤷🏽‍" I hanged up the phone "Bye!"

Bronny's POV

What just happen. I never knew my girlfriend was this mean. I look back on all our break-ups and most of it is her fault. Is Ruth the one?

"Ruth! Mr. Pierre is here to pick you up." My mom yelled. Ruth packed up her stuff and was getting ready to leave I stopped "Wait Ruth- Can I get a hug." She hesitated I'm not sure. But she gave a genuine hug. I didn't notice but we were hugging for like 5 minutes until was Ruth coughed "I should go." She looked back at me "Bye Bronny." 😙 at this moment I already knew. I called madison.

"Hello?"

"Yeah Madison... It's over."

Author's Note: I appreciate it if you guys vote ! It would mean so much to me💜🥺 If Y'all don't vote on these chapter I'm not coming out with more🙄