Chapter 13

Trevon Carter

I stood in front of my mirror and took a deep breath. I could do this. I could tell my family about Arthur. Except, what if they rejected me? What if my grandpa rejected me? No. Of course my grandpa would accept me. He loved me. I patted my hair even though everything was perfectly in place. My fingers trembled slightly. I quickly put my hands back by my sides. I had to do this because I liked Arthur more than I had liked anyone.

There was a knock on my bedroom door, but before I could say 'come in' the door opened and Mark and Leo entered. Leo closed the door behind them as Mark came up and massaged my shoulders in that way people do to give you encouragement. "It's going to be fine," Mark said.

I smiled at him through the mirror, but couldn't agree with him.

"You lied," Leo said. "You have pictures of him."

Leo was stretched out over my bed looking at my phone. I rushed to him and snatched my phone away.

"What?" Leo asked. "It's not like there were any nude pics of him."

"That's not the point," I said. "You're invading my privacy."

Mark snorted. "You don't have any privacy with your sisters around." He snatched the phone out of my hand before I could stop him and started flipping through Arthur's pictures.

"You're not my sisters," I pointed out, but didn't try to retrieve my phone.

"We're your sisters's other halves," Leo said easily.

My bedroom door opened and Brittany and Kylie entered without bothering to knock. "What's taking you so long?" Brittany asked. "We sent you up here to get him. Dinner's ready." They had only been in my room a few minutes. It wasn't like Leo and Mark had been there for hours.

"We're looking at the pictures of his boyfriend on his phone," Mark said.

"I want to see," Brittany said. She went and stood next to Mark and he angled the phone so she could see.

Kylie sat on my bed next to Leo. She bounced a little on it and studied the bed - and Leo - carefully. I knew that look.

"You're not seriously thinking of what it would be like to have sex on my bed are you?" I asked Kylie.

"Who says we haven't already," Leo smirked.

"Gross. I can't anymore." And I left MY bedroom with the four of them still in it laughing at me.

Leo's voice trailed after me, "I got him out of the room." And the four of them laughed even harder. My weirdo twin sisters and their weirdo fiances.

When I got to the bottom of my stairs, my mom stood there waiting for all of us. "Where are your sisters?" she asked.

My mom didn't know how weird and kinky my sisters and their fiances were. She would never believe me if I told her they had sex on my bed. And maybe they hadn't. Maybe Leo just said that because that was something they would say to tease me. But I wouldn't put it passed them to actually have sex on my bed. How was I ever going to sleep in it again?

"They're coming," I simply said.

The front door opened and my cousin Jasmine stepped in. I didn't know she would be coming too. She was an only child. My uncle and aunt lived in a different city. Unlike my dad, my uncle had wanted nothing to do with my grandpa's business - except he was fine receiving a generous allowance from my grandpa. Jasmine - unlike her dad - did want to be part of my grandpa's business. After graduating college in a different state, she moved here to complete her masters. It was clear to everyone that Brittany, Kylie and Jasmine would be part of the business, but which of them ended up with complete control was a mystery. Maybe they'd come to an agreement and the three of them could run it together. That was far down the line though. My grandpa had given a lot of his control to my dad, but he still had a lot of say in the company.