Chapter 4

Brantly is shown above ^^^

Also, here is what I envision Iris' house to look like:

Word count: 1306

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Iris was glad she had gotten alive. The thought of Jackson driving had always scared her, because of his jokester, and sometimes reckless personality. She wouldn't let Jackson know that she was scared though. Her heart was too big to tell him.

Iris grabbed her bags of school supplies to bring them inside. "Come back out to help bring in groceries!" Coral shouted to her children.

"Yes, Mom!" Iris responded, opening the garage door for her and Jackson. Iris put her bags down by the stairs, then walked back out to the car. Iris grabbed the two bags left in the trunk and brought them inside to be placed onto the counter.

"The neighbors stopped by when you were out," Brantley said, putting away a jug of milk. "They invited us to a bonfire tonight."

"Sounds like fun," Coral commented while putting a box of granola bars in the pantry. 

Brantley nodded, grabbing a loaf of bread from a bag. "It does, and they have two kids that are Iris' and Jackson's age."

"Did you tell them that we would be there?" Coral asked, looking up from the bags.

"Of course I did! I'm not going to turn them down," Brantley exclaimed, putting the loaf of bread into a cabinet. "They said it starts around 6, and bring a dish to pass."

"Do you think bringing a bag of chips would be bad?" Coral asked, looking towards her husband.

"No dip?" He joked. "Just ask Jackson to make something, he always makes some good food."

Coral nodded. "Iris, go ask your brother for me please."

"Okay," Iris said, walking upstairs to Jackson's room. She poked her head through the door. "We are going to a bonfire tonight at 6, and mom wants you to make a dish to pass."

"Cool, I've got a few ideas," Jackson replied, scrolling through his phone.

"Like what?" Iris asked, walking into Jackson's room and looking over his shoulder to see his phone screen.

"A blueberry pie," Jackson said, showing the video to his sister.

"That looks so good. I can't wait to try it," Iris replied, watching the video.

Jackson nodded. "Alright, I've got to go make this. See you in a bit," Jackson replied, getting out of his chair and going downstairs into the kitchen. Iris followed him out of the room but returned to her room to finish the book she had started on the car ride to Herington from Utah. Herington was 34 hours from Park City, Utah where Iris was born. So spending all that time reading a new book sounded like a good idea to Iris.