···Minkin Castor

Bastendin 18, 40318 BW···

She was on her knees. I was watching her and then I fell.

My boot slipped at the back of the cave and she heard. She looked up, glancing around the cave for my presence, but I didn't show my face. After what I just witnessed, I couldn't dare to look at her. Not after what just happened. Not after what I just did to her. To her life.

She was going to be changed. She walked right into a ritual that was made for me. Made to hurt me. The Sisters, the Owners, found me. Now, they were going to kill me and kill me slowly. She just had to walk right into it. I now fear she'll die too.

I think that is the only reason I reveal myself.

Stepping out into the middle of the cave I bend down to look at her. Fear is in her eyes. I can feel it. Taste it. Even more, I smell death on her, and not the death that's already here, covering the walls. She looks like she is going to faint. Before she can, I somehow manage to get her name.

I point to myself saying, "I'm Minkin."

She laughs giddily, a reaction of shock. She points at me, her finger hitting my nose as she makes a pop sound. It's so innocent and sweet that I want to smile.

I gently grab her hand, pulling it away from my face so she doesn't poke my eye out, and say softly, "Name? I'm Minkin."

Somehow, she gets her hand away from mine and pokes my nose again. If I was anybody else, they would probably get annoyed of her and leave her to die. As I have already made clear, I'm not like anybody else.

I even have the guts to smile when she says, "I've seen you before. Haha..."

"Me too," I reply, picking her up princess style. "Name?"

I plan to carry her out of the cave, though the small tunnel. It seems hard, but I know I can do it.

I'm surprised when she actually gives me her name.

"Delfie," she says with another laugh. She then grabs my face, probably aiming for my mouth, and ends up kissing my chin. "They're hard," she grunts and now it is my turn to laugh.

"Come on," I say, somehow able to grin. "Let me save you."

"S-save me," her voice hisses laughingly.

Delfie's head then drops, her eyes closed and her breathing heavy. She passed out, limp in my arms. I don't mind. It's probably better this way. To let her rest, I mean, when I can't.