···Minkin Castor

Bastendin 19, 40318 BW···

Her eyes glowed. They glowed.

Bright orange, they seemed to stare right into my soul. She looked possessed and believe me. I've met many possessed people in my life span.

Delfie's hands glowed too as the heat of the Solar seemed to radiate off of her. She seemed as if she was the essence of the sun, something I had never seen before.

I tried to catch when she fell. That was a big mistake. Her skin was boiling so when I tried to catch her, my hands burned. I needed water, something to cool them before they became third-degree burns, and fast. I stood and sprinted towards the cave.

I smell of past death when I entered was gone, the blood that had covered its walls was gone. The sisters probably came back to clean up their mess. Or, most likely, one of their slaves.

Upon entering the cave, I fell to the ground. My hands stung when they touched the water covered ground. After about ten minutes, I pulled away, breathing hard. They felt better now, though I could feel the pain when I stretched or moved my fingers. My palms were burned, scarred for life if I didn't get tanala herb soon, but none grew on Gazar. I would be stuck with burnt hands for the rest of my life.

Curse Delfie and her powerful fire gift, I thought, suddenly angry.

I didn't know why I was angry. Maybe it was because she seared my hands off, but I also didn't care. She was powerful. She had one of the most powerful gifts I had ever seen. I needed to go back to her. I needed to see if she was okay.

I stood up and walked out of the cave. She sat next to the tree that held my book, still unconscious. Just like last night, she looked peaceful, delicate. I had no way of knowing the type of powers she had. I examined her hair, dark red and curly. It certainly looked like fire. I should have guessed.

Delfie sighed, making my hair stand on end. I thought she was going to wake up and explode into a fiery furnace, but she didn't. She only took a shaky breath, curling into a tighter ball. I almost wanted to wake her up on purpose, but her skin still radiated warmth. I was scared to touch her.

But I also wanted somebody to talk too. I didn't talk much and it was good to talk to somebody sarcastic and funny as her. I just hoped her mind was okay.

I jumped when her name rang through the forest. I turned, spotting her parents walking through the woods. Of course, she had a family. I didn't have one so I totally forgot she did. I bit my lip, contemplating what to do.

I couldn't care for her or hide her so I picked up a nearby rock and climbed up one of the nearby trees. I took the rock and threw it at another, listening to the echo.

Both of her parents looked towards us and ran. They both had the Gazaran hair and blue eyes with tan skin. Everything I had to fake. I even dyed my hair red, all the way through the roots to look like a native. For my eyes, they were already a natural blue. I was lucky that way. For my skin, all I had to do was will it to stay that way. It was easy, choosing my favorite sandy color and sticking with it.

Worried looks crossed the faces of Delfie's parents when they finally spotted her. I think her mala was even crying. Even though the girl's skin was like the sun, her father picked her up without a problem, his gift probably being heatproof.

I watched them walk away, wishing I had someone to care for me as much as Delfie did.