Author's Note

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I've ever done this sort of thing. But to warn you all, there is a trigger warning here.

I need to talk about past chapters of this story, please don't be alarmed, I am not discontinuing the story at all or putting more of a pause on it than it already has, I'm currently just talking about previous chapters.

As you all know if you've gotten to this part, I have dealt with extremely heavy and graphic problems such as self harm, abuse, murder, and neglect. Sadly though, I've never portrayed these problems realistically. While I care for this fanfic a lot, I try my best to make my characters seem like really people, having real thoughts, conversations, but they seem like emotionally unstable robots.

I was diagnosed with depression nearly 2 years ago, during that period of time I had ideation of self harm but had promised myself I would never do that so I let all those feelings out into this, this story that I've come to love and hate so much.

The self insert character is irrational and sparatic with her depression, the way she handles situations that trigger her anxiety are unrealistic, but they were all I could use to soothe my own problems.

The way Cody shames himself or thinks of hurting himself though I believe are (more) realistic to me. I had those same thoughts, feelings, or impulses, he was close to me as a character, but now I've come to see that the past chapters, are not me now, and they were never anyone else in the beginning.

So from here on out, I will treat self harm and other triggering subjects with respect and care. I will leave past chapters the way they are but in future posts this story will have (my take) on realistic subjects like that.

Love you all so much, Dragon Fly.