Chapter 13

Gerard Way awoke dazed and confused on Frank Ieros couch. He didn't remember falling asleep, and he could tell he didn't plan it because he was still wearing his overly tight skinny jeans from the night before.

Gerard flinched at the realisation that he wasn't alone. His limbs were intertwined with Franks as they squished on to the small sofa together. Frank was lay with his back against the back of the sofa whereas Gerard was lay with his back resting on Franks chest. Franks arm was lay sleepily around Gerard's waist, which Gerard kind of liked.

"Morning, angel." Frank spoke, clearly being woken up by Gerard's stirring. His voice was husky and slightly groggy and honestly if Gerard wasn't in pain from his ribs he'd definitely have to rush to the bathroom to fix a problem after hearing it.

"I don't remember falling asleep." Gerard admitted, turning round so he was lay facing Frank on the small sofa. Frank just smiled, pushing a tuff of red hair from Gerard's face. "I didn't know you wore eyeliner." Frank giggled, using his thumb to clean up the black that trailed down Gerard's face from tears.

"I don't, well I did last night. Mikey and his friend told me I looked like shit and tried to help me out." Gerard spoke in a quiet voice, despite the circumstances he couldn't help but smile as he looked at Frank. He'd revealed his worst secrets to him and Frank never budged.

"You couldn't look like shit even if you tried." Frank replied, also using a hushed voice. Then again, they definitely didn't need to shout to each other considering their faces were centimetres away.

"Is my eye bruised?" Gerard asked, smile retracting from his face. He figured they'd have to talk about last night, there wasn't really any escaping it.

"Your eye is fine, your cheek bone is slightly purple though." Frank sighed, trailing his thumb across the damaged skin. "I think you'll feel the worst of it when you try and sit up." Frank confessed with a sympathetic smile.

"Can I use your shower?" Gerard asked, hoping he wasn't being too cheeky. I mean this guy did just practically save his life, comfort him all night and let him sleep over after Gerard had ghosted him for two weeks. If he was Frank he would have asked him to leave by now.

Frank nodded while stretching dramatically. There really wasn't any need to stretch though, it wasn't as if Frank was cramped up on the couch, it was basically a bed to his short frame.

Gerard winced as he attempted to sit up, causing Frank to jump from the couch and help him up. "That feels fucking shit." Gerard gasped out as Frank walked him to the bathroom.

Frank turned on the shower for Gerard, getting it to a reasonable temperature before positioning all of his body washes and shampoos out nicely for him.

Gerard stood in front of the bathroom mirror taking in his reflection. He assumed it wasn't that bad because of Franks compliments but holy hell he most definitely had never looked worst.

Crusty eyeliner was splattered across his cheeks from crying, the majority of it not even in his waterline anymore. A dark purple bruise adorned his left cheek, he was pretty sure makeup couldn't even help that. His fair was filled with volume on one side, the red haired sticking out creating what almost looked like some kind of ginger lion main. However on the other side, his fair was pressed flat against his head, he realised this is the side he slept on.

Finally, Gerard lifted his shirt up. He was aware that he still shared Franks company in the bathroom but he didn't really care. Surely enough the side of Gerard's torso was covered in dark blue black bruises that were fragile to the touch.

"I'm sorry." Frank spoke softly from behind Gerard. Gerard looked at him from the mirror in confusion because what could this man possibly be sorry for? "If I would have got there earlier I-"