Chapter One

Anne Shirley Cuthbert had always been an early riser, except for when she was having an exceptionally good dream. She stretched and yawned as the sun's glorious rays shone through the window. She looked out at the puffy golden clouds before jumping out of bed to greet the new day.

   She put her "awful" red hair up in a high bun with two small strands out in the front. She got dressed in an orange summery top with white patterns on it, and ripped light denim shorts.

   She had breakfast with her parents, Matthew and Marilla. They were brother and sister who had fostered and then adopted her a few years ago. There had been a few misunderstandings, but they quickly became like family.

   Matthew didn't like to talk much, but Anne did, so they were both happy in the conversations that they shared.

   Jerry Baynard Cuthbert, her adopted french brother came down the stairs groggily. He usually overslept but still managed to be tired. He was wearing a black Avengers tshirt with brown shorts.

   "Hurry up now, you'll be late for school!" Said Marilla, the sensible and stern one.

   Jerry had been friends with Anne ever since they were little kids. They stuck together in the foster home and Anne was the one who taught him how to read. Jerry was fostered by the Cuthberts shortly after Anne, and they were adopted at the same time.

   "Alright, see you later!" Anne yelled across the house, as she ran to put her white converse high tops on.

   The weather was surprisingly warm for September, but she grabbed her denim jacket, just in case.

   It was her turn to carpool in their friend group, so she got in the beat up old brown car Matthew had found for her 16th birthday, which she loved.

   Jerry put on his nikes and got in the middle.

   She turned up the volume and sang along as 'I Dare You' by The Regrettes came on the radio. Jerry also started screaming the lyrics in a way that he knew would annoy his sister while they drove 4 houses down the street.

   Diana, who had been waiting out in front of her house, started dancing along to the song as she walked to the car and got in the front passenger seat.

   Diana Barry was wearing a light denim skirt, with a navy blue sleeveless button-up shirt and matching flats. Her long raven locks were down, and she had black sunglasses on top of her head.

   "Hey bestie!" She smiled at Anne, and they interlocked pinkies, their secret handshake, before driving towards Gilbert's house.

   "Hi, Jerry!" Diana waved behind her.

   Jerry blushed. "Hi."

   Then he spoke in french, "Tu es Jolie." He was usually more confident in french, and Diana was the only other one in their group that spoke it.

   Now it was Diana's turn to blush, and she gave him a small smile.

   Gilbert Blythe had also been waiting out in the front of his house, but he didn't make any move to get in the car. He was too busy staring at Anne, who was looking impatiently at him through the rolled down window.

   'And it's kinda wild how you're the one that brings the sun'

   He thought she looked absolutely radiant in the sunlight streaming through the shadows in the car.

   Anne honked the horn pointedly and glared at him.

   "Do you want a ride or not, Blythe?"