xiii.

—•♛•—

—•♛•—

[third pov]

"Knock, knock." Carlos says with his signature smile, knocking on the already open the door. Corazon swiftly looks from her mirror to the boy at the door. She just finished changing at a surprisingly high pace, only for her to add gold jewellery. She sends him a quick smile before opening her book of history of woodsmen and pirates, completely stressed out. "Good morning, I guess?" He drops down on her bed, a little tired because of the early class.

"Read it fast at lightning speed, remember everything I need." She mumbles, moving her finger to cast the spell. Opening the book, she scans every page at a high speed and tries to remember everything for her first hour.

"Hold up. I didn't know you were able to cast spells." Carlos says, dumbfounded as she flips through the pages. Corazon shrugs, not having enough time to explain any further. In about twenty minutes the history of woodsmen and pirates test will start and she's rather stressed because she didn't study. "Wait, you're learning for the test we have?" He asks, moving over to read the title of the book in her hands. "Aren't you absolutely excelling this class?" She glares at him for interrupting her yet again.

"I realised a solid fifteen minutes ago that the test is today and not in two days." Corazon sighs stressed. Slamming her book shut and placing it on her desk. "I don't want to be failing a class, that will set a reputation for the other villains kids who will attend Auradon." She rants, grabbing her bag and throwing some books in them.

"Calm down, Cora." Carlos says, standing up. He grabs her wrists to stop her. "You'll do perfect. I studied all night, and the night before, and the night before that. You're probably going to have a higher mark anyway." He chuckles, trying to lighten the mood. Corazon hasn't looked up from ring this whole time. He follows her eyes to the red glowing ring on her left hand, softly moving his thumb over the heart shape. "That's really pretty."

"Thank you." She huskily answers, pulling her hands out of Carlos' grasp. Memories from the isle flood back. She got the ring a little over a year ago from her father, for her fifteenth birthday. Opening her present, he told the old tale about the ring of Hearts. If the possessor of the ring finds love or feels loved, the ruby will start glowing. She's never seen the ruby in this condition. Both because of the fact that it's not possible on the Isle of the Lost and that she didn't expect to ever find love in either forms. She turns around to grab both her bag and the spell book, throwing the book in her bag in the process. "We need to—"

"Hey Corazon. I—uh had a question." Carlos says, holding her up from going to class. He nervously scratches the back of his neck, eyes darting between her and the ground. She spins around and finally meets his eyes. She motions for him to continue and ask the question. "So—um the coronation is in a few days and Mal is going with Ben—"

"Hey Corazon, thought I'd swing by your dorm before class." An ecstatic Terrance says, casually walking in. Carlos glares at Terrance when Corazon moves her eyes away from him. "Carlos." Terrance nods at Carlos, smiling wide as usual. Carlos rolls his eyes at the guy, surprising himself.

"Let's go to class." Carlos coldly states, ready to leave the room.

"Yeah we might need to leave." Corazon sighs, noticing a difference in Carlos' attitude. Terrance nods at her with his never ending smile. Carlos storms to the door grabbing Corazon's hand on his way. "Someone's eager to nail that test."

—•♛•—

"Hey Corazon." Audrey says, showing her a very fake smile. Audrey walks over to Corazon's table and looks down at the black bag with heart shaped badges. Mal and Carlos eye her weirdly but turn their backs on them again to continue their conversation.

"Good morning, Audrey?" Corazon answers her suspiciously. Something tells her that Audrey didn't just come to her just to say 'hi'.

"Cute bag." Audrey smiles, playing with the zipper of Corazon's bag. Corazon didn't close her bag completely because she was in such a hurry. An old, red book, sticking out of the bag catches Audrey's attention. "What's this?" Corazon is too late to snatch her bag away from the nosey princess. "A book with the insignia of your family, how interesting." Audrey says, turning around from Corazon to flip through the pages. "If I'm not wrong this is a spell book." She snitches on Corazon. Mal and Carlos turn alarming around to see Corazon is willing to strangle Audrey. The teacher looks up at the two students with a raised eyebrow.

"May I ask the two of you what is happening. You have a test in about five minutes and I advise everyone to take a seat." The teacher says, making his way to the two fighting girls over the book.

"Are you sure you want her to make that test while she has her spell book with her?" Audrey says with disapproval, holding the book above her head so Corazon can't reach it. The teacher seems to be surprised by Corazon's possession. Mal stands up to save Corazon but is shut up by the teacher motioning for her not to speak.

"Thank you, Audrey. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honour code." He says, motioning for Audrey to hand him the spell book. "As for you, miss Hearts, it will be my recommendation that you are expelled." He states, eyeing Corazon and not letting her speak. Mal and Carlos look helpless at each other before Carlos jumps in.

"Obviously she wasn't using her spell book I mean how could she use that—"

"Well with a spell—" Corazon interrupts him.

"Not now, Cora." He smiles at her, eyes wide because she was about to expose herself. Corazon takes a step back and let him do the talking. If she were to talk she would be expelled and send back to isle, there's a lot of hate in her petit body for Audrey at this point.

"Well, if you can pass this test, I'll return the property and let the matter drop." The teacher decides after hearing Carlos out. Corazon sighs of relieve and eagerly nods at her teacher. He turns around and tells Audrey to take a seat. With a pout she walks to the other side of the classroom.

"Thank you, thank you." Corazon says, embracing Carlos in a tight hug. He chuckles at her and hugs her as tight. "When I get the chance, she—"

"Hearts." Carlos sternly cuts her off. Slowly pulling away from the hug.

"I was just going to say that she and I would need a good talk." Corazon innocently smiles, sitting down in her seat. Carlos shakes his head with a soft chuckle before taking his seat as well.

"Sure you were."

—•♛•—

The love this book has been getting lately makes me soft 🥺❤️