xix.

—•♛•—

—•♛•—

[third pov]

"No, it can't be." Fairy Godmother mumbles in fear. The loud clash of glass, followed by green smoke circling around the church made every present guest dug down and shield themselves. Evie jumped behind Jay and Corazon jumped into Carlos' arms for safety. Mal, on the other hand, tried to hide behind FG's wand that she was still holding. When the green smoke circled down to the floor, it turned into a certain evil fairy. Mal grumbled at the appearance of her mother. Just when bad changed to good, and wicked turned virtuous. Maleficent was rather thrilled to be on the other side of the barrier. The thing is, Maleficent wasn't notified about her daughter's rebellion.

"Go away, mother." Mal tells Maleficent, sounding disappointed. Carlos slowly placed Corazon back on her feet but a smug smile on his lips. Corazon was too busy analysing the situation she didn't notice he didn't let go of her hand. Maleficent snorted at Mal's response, thinking she was kidding.

"She's funny. You're very funny" She laughed, pointing at Mal. " Now, here. Wand me, chop chop." Mal faked giving her mother the wand and threw it at Fairy Godmother, who easily caught it.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi—"

"Boo!" Maleficent ended for FG. While she finished the phrase, she used her sceptre to petrify everyone besides the villains. Maleficent ugly snorted again and walked to Ben's father, grabbing his glasses before placing them back on his head. She devilishly hummed a song and with a smirk on her face she walked over to FG. She snatched the wand out of her hands and teased the Fairy Godmother by pricking her nose. "Where shall we begin?" Maleficent asked herself out loud. "Oh, I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of this." Before Mal could stop her mother, her ring went flying to Maleficent and was placed around the wand. "Perfect fit." The girls gasped but couldn't stop her. Maleficent moved to Ben, pushing his crown almost off his head. "Love is weak, and ridiculous."

"Is not." Corazon stepped forward, out of Carlos' comforting and safe arms. She crossed her arms and eyed Maleficent, unknowingly in a daring way. Maleficent's eyes shot up before looking at the short girl.

"Ah, princess Hearts. Didn't see you back there." Maleficent smirked, stepping away from Ben to take a closer look at the princess. "So, tell me. How's your mother doing." She said, angering Corazon. At this point Corazon could care less but Carlos held her back before things could get ugly.

"She did not go there." Corazon mumbled, a cold look on her face but her eyes glowing a bright red. "Mal, I love you, but you're mother is—" Carlos quickly placed his hand over her mouth so no one could hear the end of the sentence.

"Now you don't want that, now do you, Mal?" Maleficent said to her daughter, pointing at Carlos and Corazon.

"You don't know what I want!" Mal lashed out to her mother, tears forming in her eyes. "Mom, have you once asked me? What I want? I'm not you." Mal confronted her mother. Maleficent chuckled because she's had years and years and years of practice being evil, on the contrary to Mal. "Love is not weak, or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life." Maleficent hissed at her daughter, having enough of her sappy behaviour about love.

"And now I command, wand to my hand." Mal yelled, trying to pry off the wand in her mother's hand. Maleficent struggled to keep control over the wand and within seconds the wand flew directly in Mal's hand. "It worked!"

"This is tenuous and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!" Maleficent demanded Mal, slowly stressing out.

"Hold on, Mal. Maybe good really is more powerful." Carlos jumped in, letting go off Corazon. Maleficent sneered and barked at him, trying to scare him away. Both Corazon and Dude interfering, Dude ran towards Maleficent and jumped on her while Corazon stepped in front of Carlos. When Maleficent got Dude off her Jay went straight for the sceptre but was overpowered by Maleficent's enchanted eyes. She pushed him to the side and devilishly laughed.

"You all will regret this!" She yelled, spinning around until the green smoke turned into a dragon.

"Well, that's actually pretty cool." Corazon pointed out, holding in fear onto Carlos' arm. "But, run!" The five of them ran to the entrance of the church. Maleficent tried to get to Jay, breathing fire but not close enough to burn him.

"Come on, Jay! Run!" Carlos exclaimed when Jay came face to face with the dragon. He ran back to the shrine but Maleficent flew up higher to dive down to attack Jay again. He jumped in between the others and Evie used her mirror's bright light to keep Mal's mother at a distance. Maleficent got completely blinded and eventually crashed down in front of them. Mal pushed Evie to the side so she'd be face to face with her mother.

"The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one." Mal cites, tears prickling in her eyes but direct eye contact with her mother. "The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!" She repeated, standing strong with her friends behind her. With a loud scream the dragon vanished and smoke filled the room. On the exact spot as the dragon was before laid the tiniest lizard. With the disappearance of Maleficent, actually everything bad in her, her spell was broken and every present guest was unfrozen. Ben came running with a growl at Mal, just to be stopped by her with a smile as she'd already taken care of it.

"She shrank to the size of the love in her heart." Fairy Godmother explains to the slightly confused VK's, examining the lizard on the ground. "That's why it's so itty-bitty."

"Is she going to be like that forever?" Mal asked FG with a frown.

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love, so will she." FG smiled at Mal before walking away to her daughter to tell her about the major time-out she was in.

"Are all the coronations here like this?" Carlos asked Ben with a laugh. Ben chuckled but shook his head to answer the semi serious question. Ben excused himself and took off towards Mal. Corazon took the opportunity to pull Carlos away from the group and embraced him in a tight hug. A little confused he wrapped his arms around the girl as well, a smile of bliss forming on his pinkish lips.

"I'm sorry, C."

—•♛•—