xvi.

—•♛•—

—•♛•—

[third pov]

"We tell jokes, I do tricks. With my fellow candlesticks. And it's all in perfect taste, that you can bet." Surprised the VK's look down at the dancing and singing students from the balcony. Ben, joined by other descendants, sings Be Our Guest to welcome all the family members.

"They really went all out." Corazon mumbles, fascinated by the soon to be king. Followed by the others she walks down the stairs to join the happy audience. "Is Ben taking singing classes without telling us?"

"Some dance classes as well." Jay shrugs impressed. They chuckle and walk on the grass to get a closer look. "I think family dinners are different here as well."

"I don't think we want to be here during mother's day." Corazon adds with a playful grin. "Just imagine all of the dances, and definitely don't start on the songs."

"Be our guest. Come on, come on! Be our guest!" By the end of the song, they find a table with a chocolate fountain. Carlos is fast to hand Dude over to Corazon before diving in the strawberries and marshmallows and dipping them in the fountain.

"If they have this with every family day, I pray there are more family days." Carlos says, grabbing even more strawberries to dip in the sweetness. His lips and the corners of his mouth are already smeared in chocolate but that doesn't stop him from trying to drink from the fountain. Mal leaves them to meet up with Ben and Evie is trying to find Doug, leaving Corazon on her own with Dude and the two other dogs. She turns around to the table to face a laughing Jay and a chocolatey Carlos.

"Kind of reminds me when I first met you." Corazon laughs widely, placing Dude on the ground. Carlos' cheeks slightly turn red but it's not noticeable with all the chocolate stains on them. She grabs a napkin from the table and softly rubs his cheeks to remove the chocolate. "I really like your freckles, C." She mumbles. With his eyes set on hers he didn't even hear it. He's absolutely mesmerised.

"I really like you—your eyes. They light up when you smile." He smiles at her, grabbing the hand she used to clean his face and tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Your smile is beautiful."

"What's up with the compliments today, De Vil?" Corazon chuckles, shyly looking away. He shrugs with a sly smile but not letting go off her hand.

"Guys, help." Mal sighs, walking to the table with the chocolate table. "We're playing croquet with the king and queen."

"What the hell is croquet?" Corazon asks confused, moving her eyes away from Carlos' to look at a pleading Mal. "Wait, hold up. You met Ben's parents?"

—•♛•—

"And you! Ally, you might want to warn your mother. I don't understand why the king allowed you here and bringing us all in danger." Princess Leah panics, holding onto her granddaughter, princess Audrey. The disgust in her voice at the mention of both the villains and villain kids is very present. Corazon is about to go off but Ben jumps in, trying to resolve the problem. Ben's explanation doesn't help in calming down princess Leah. Even Mal and Corazon's apologies are pushed away.

"Oh don't do this, prince Charming." A heated Corazon snaps at Chad who jumped in between the girls and Audrey's grandmother. Mal pulls Corazon back but the furious expression can't be wiped of her face. She inherited that from her mother. Ben steps in front of Corazon and Mal, afraid Corazon might do something.

"They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids, hm?" Chad challenges Ben. Evie, Jay and Carlos got closer to the scene when they heard princess Leah yell at their friends, standing right behind them to help if needed. "Kindness? Fair play? No way, ok?" With the disgust he eyes all of the villains slowly. "You stole another girl's boyfriend." Chad yells, pointing at Mal. "Oh, you enjoy hurting people and you are nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." Chad told Jay and Evie. "You—"

"Say it and live with the possible consequences." Corazon hissed challenging at Chad, moving away from Ben but only for Carlos to jump in this time to hold her back. Chad went too far and Evie sprayed some of her magic perfume, causing him to pass out. Everything happens quickly and before Corazon is able to process it she's already pulled away by Carlos. The two of them follow the other VK's to a picnic table near the buffet for the family day. Evie motions for Corazon to take seat and calm down. Jay had grabbed some snacks and drinks to cool off with. "That was absolutely unacceptable and he will pay for that." Corazon mumbles, holding a plastic cup a little too tight to the point it almost rips.

"Let me, please." Carlos says, a frustrated expression on his face as he plays with his food. The five are all mad but disappointed something like this had to happen, just when they were slowly getting accepted. It has gotten out of hand to the point Doug isn't even allowed to sit with Evie anymore as he's told by Chad.

"Forget about it, let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise that everything will be ok." Ben tries to cheer them up but without success. "I have to go but I'll see you guys later!"

"How long do you think that's going to last? Mal's just bad girl infatuation." Audrey gossips a little too loud with Jane when they walk past the table of the VK's.

"Yeah, I mean, he's never going to make a villain, a queen." Jane says, trying to intimidate Mal but only working on her nerves. Corazon rolls her eyes at the girl that didn't even have friends before because of her hair. This caused for a lightbulb moment.

"Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair." Corazon mumbles, eyes fixed on the daughter of FG a few feet away from her. Jane's scream makes everyone turn their heads to see her with her old, short and boring hair. The VK's chuckle and stand up to leave. "There's a lot more to where that came from." Corazon states, looking Jane dead in the eye.

"Excuse me, but who do you think you are?" Audrey steps in with an attitude.

"Do I look like I'm kidding." Corazon dared, placing a hand on her hip. To completely scare everyone away she raised her finger as if she was going to spell more people. "That feels really great to be honest."

"Next time, it's my turn." Mal jokes, giving Corazon a side hug. Jay, Evie and Carlos soon join in to make it a group hug.

"I love you, guys." Corazon softly smiles into the hug.

—•♛•—

THANK YOU for 10.000+ reads!
For reals, I love you! 🥺🥰

And sorry for being MIA but junior year has started and is exhausting as hell. Anyways, I have a question; do you want me to continue after this book with a Descendants 2 book?

xx, Sophía