xviii.

—•♛•—

—•♛•—

[third pov]

"He looks so handsome! They are such a beautiful couple." Corazon dreamily smiles as a nervous Ben makes his grande entree in the church. Three surrounding villains look surprised at her since she hasn't said a word from the moment they left the dorm. Jay and Evie noticed the tension between the two but didn't dare to ask any questions. Every time Carlos opened his mouth to say something, Corazon scoffed and rolled her eyes at him. Therefore, Carlos decided to stay a little in the background to avoid any further friction. Much to his dismay Corazon wouldn't stop texting Terrance or laughing with Jay. Before entering the church, Evie pulled him aside to tell him Corazon needs time to deal with what has happened. Even when knowing she was spelled, it was messed up that he didn't own up to it when she confronted him. He nodded but silently prayed Mal would grab the wand quick so they could leave Auradon as fast as possible. "Mal is one lucky girl." Ben's eyes go over the crowd, smiling a little wider at some friends before smoothing out his blue blazer. Corazon sends a wink his way when his eyes move to the VK's, one last time for reassurance. The lack of confidence disappeared and with a smile forming on his lips, he stopped in front of the shrine and kneeled down. FG hugged Belle before moving to the king to remove his crown, carefully placing it on Ben's head.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Auradon, with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign." Fairy Godmother nervously speaks, holding her wand with both hands. Ben's nervousness took over, making him unable to stop his sheepishly smile.

"This is more nerve wracking than sneaking out when my mother is in a bad mood." Corazon whispers, waiting for Mal.

"I do solemnly swear." He speaks up, sounding more confident than he probably was.

"Why isn't she grabbing the wand?" Corazon mumbles lowly, making sure only the VK's were able to hear her. All four of them stared at either Mal or the wand, waiting for something to happen. Something does happen, but it's not what the VK's had planned out days before. Jane jumps out of the crowd and snatches the wand out of her mother's hand. She doesn't have any control over it and the wand blasts spells in all directions. Panic erupts in the crowd and everyone dugs so they won't get hit. Evie, Jay, Carlos and Corazon jump out of their seats and run to the closest stairs.

"Child, what are you doing?" FG panics as her daughter brings everyone in danger.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane yells with still no control over the wand, sounding unsure of herself. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" The VK's make it downstairs and Corazon is fast to snatch the wand away out of Jane's hands.

"Stand back." She announces to everyone around her, trying to hide behind the wand. No one knows if the wand is in good hands right now but the panic dies down a little.

"It's okay." Ben says with an uneasy chuckle, motioning for her to hand the wand over. When she doesn't budge, panic arises. "Just, hand the wand over."

"Let's go." Carlos buts in, making Corazon jump as he was closer to her than she thought. Her eyes darted between Mal's and Ben's, both with their hand out for her to give the wand.

"Revenge time." Jay joins in, standing next to Mal.

"No, this was your plan. Here." Corazon sticks her arm with the wand out and closes her eyes, waiting for someone to grab the wand from her. There was too much pressure. Mal is quicker than Ben and points the wand powerful and him. Corazon opens her eyes and sees Ben has anxiously taken a step away from Mal. In Mal's eyes, fear is seen but she hides it behind the wand, this is what she was ordered to do by her mother.

"You really want to do this?" Ben's voice trembled. Regaining a little confidence and taking a step forward. Mal looked helpless at her friends but no one seemed to know what to do. Corazon had slowly made her way back to the villains to hide behind them, well, Carlos.

"We have no choice, our parents—"

"Your parents made their choice, Mal! Now you make yours!" Ben interrupts Mal, frustration noticeable in his voice. Mal looked speechless at him before slowly lowering the wand.

"I think I want to be good." She said just so softly. Ben's eyebrows perked up, glad to hear that sentence.

"You are good—"

"How do you know that?" She panics, scaring everyone with her loud voice.

"Because. Because I'm listening to my heart." Ben states, sounding the most confident he has since his first proclamation.

"If this wasn't such a life or death situation, this would have been awfully cute." Corazon whispers, not noticing Carlos slowly moved his hand to hers. He playful rolled his eyes because of her bad timing but a small smile is forming on his lips.

"I want to listen to my heart too." She sighs. "And my hearts tells me we are not our parents." Her eyes glossy but she chuckled, turning around to see her friends directly behind her. "I mean, stealing doesn't make you happy. Playing tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." She smiles at Jay, tears rolling down her face. "And you, Carlos, scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. And Evie, you do not have to play dumb to get a guy to like you because you're so smart." Mal continues, making Evie tear up as well. "And Corazon, little C. You just want to be loved by someone. Making up for the lack of love you've received since you were little." Corazon smiles shyly at Mal before nodding at her words. "Us being friends makes me really happy, not destroying things. I choose good." Mal smiles, holding her fist up for the others to join. Jay and Evie soon join in, choosing good. With smiles on their faces they wait for the two little C's to choose good as well.

"So just to be clear, we don't have to worry about how mad our parents will be?" Carlos says, not knowing it would lighten the mood because it was a serious question. Ben assured him their parents can't reach them in Auradon. "Alright, then." He smiles. Now the wait was for Corazon. Every pair of eyes in the church was on her, making her slightly uncomfortable. Carlos squeezed her hand as a sign of 'it's okay', causing a smile to form on her lips as she looked down her their intertwined fingers.

"Even though it feels so good to be bad." She sighs. "I choose good."

—•♛•—