The Cute Kid In My Math And English Class

AU where Skeppy and BBH go to the same highschool, are teens yada yada - don't know each other's identities and kinda slowburn

•0•0•

Zak stared at the message in silent shock, a feeling of crushing rejection starting to slowly creep in as he tried to take in what his long-time crush had just messaged him.

BadBoyHalo: I think I've developed a crush on someone from my class Skeppy, arghh - oh my goodness what do I do??? O_o

Zak took a deep breath and responded as nonchalantly as he could.

'But you are my boyfriend??'

He deleted the sentence and came to the conclusion that would be a horrible, terrible, did I mention horrible- idea.

Skeppy: Oh wow really? Who's the poor girl??

BadBoyHalo: Shut up Skeppy >:T - Also, it's actually this popular boy in my Math and English class. I don't think he likes me back though, I'm kinda a nerd :,(

Skeppy: Kinda??

BadBoyHalo: Be quiet you muffin, you don't know if I'm a nerd or not >:((

Zak rolled his eyes at Bad's indignant message before replying sassily.

Skeppy: I don't really need to know you in real life to know you are an uberrr nerrrdd.

BadBoyHalo: Whatever you MuffinTop, I'm going to bed, cya later muffin <3

Zak felt himself go slightly red at the heart Bad left on the end of his text, but brushed it off as Bad's weirdly touching way of showing platonic affection.

Zak still had to grasp the fact that Bad wasn't into him - it hurt, a lot. He'd always expected that he wouldn't be into him but there was a tiny little bit of hope in him, and now that he's 100% sure that Bad wasn't into him, he was crushed beyond words.

Shaking his head and ridding himself of Gay Thoughts™️, he looked at his clock and realised that is was 12:00am: on a school night.

'Ah shit, my mom will whoop my ass if I'm late to school tomorrow,' he thought mutely.'

He did his usual nightly routine and went to bed before his parents would figure out his questionable consciousness at such a late hour.

•0•0•

Darryl wandered idly into his Math classroom and sat down in his usual seat, glancing at his recently realised crush on the other side of the room. His black hair was slightly messy but somehow still attractive, a blue hoodie that matched his bandana were worn carelessly, with a charming personality to match.

His crush glanced in his direction and Darryl tore his adoring gaze away from him in alarmed panic, before rubbing his eyes and taking a deep breath, flopping his head onto his desk.

Turning his head around, he looked back at Zak - who was now talking to his friend, Vincent - his bandana was haphazardly wrapped around his eyes along with black bracelets adorned all over his wrists.

His mindless thinking was interrupted by a snap of fingers in front of his face with a quiet mantra of, "Darryl? Darrryyylll?? Earth to Darryl? Are you there?"

Darryl shook his head and his eyes met with the familiar face of his long-time friend, Dream. (A/N, What the heck is Dream's real name?)

"Oh - hi Dream! I guess I just zoned out," he replied, lying through his teeth and looking everywhere except at the boy in front of him. Dream looked at Darryl suspiciously, before laying his eyes on Zak and smirking deviously at Darryl.