Chapter 8

The group enters and Michael can't believe his eyes. He looks around the cave gawking at everything.

"I didn't look like that when I first came here did I?" I asked Paul, causing him to laugh, which brought Michael back to Earth.

"This was the hottest resort in Santa Carla back about eighty years ago. Too bad they built it right on top of the San Adreas fault." David explained. "In 1906, when the big one hit San Francisco, the ground opened up and this place took a header into the crack."

"Man, you wouldn't believe the cool stuff we've found in here." Paul added.

Meanwhile, Michael glances at Star.

"C'mon, Michael. I want to go." Star said, in sort of a girly whiny voice and I looked at her cocking a brow.

I guess she was trying to save Michael.

"No. Stick around." David ordered.

"We were gonna grab some food." Michael said lamely.

"Good idea. Marko, Dylan, why don't you go get take out? We're hungry." David asks.

Marko nods, and I reluctantly get up and follow him out of the cave.

"Okay, so what's up?" Marko asks me, when we're outside of the cave.

"What do you mean?" I ask, playing dumb.

"You know exactly what I mean. You've been ignoring me, and cozying up to Paul now."

"Cozying up to Paul? Are you kidding me? I only rode with him because I'm pissed at you!" I seethed.

"Pissed at me? What for?" Marko asked angrily back, his expression quite scary.

"Gee, I don't know, maybe because if you never approached me I wouldn't be in this shit! I didn't ask to be a fucking vampire!"

"If I recall correctly, I didn't tell you to drink from the bottle. It was you that drank from something that you didn't know the contents of." He countered and smirked when he saw that I was speechless.

He actually had a point. I can't believe I did something so stupid!

"Anyway, what's done is done. You can mope around, not feed and waste away to nothing, or suck it up and accept it. Do you think I was happy about it at first? I was like you but finally I owned up to my mistake and changed." Marko said now calming down.

"I'm sorry you didn't have a choice and that you feel like all of this is my fault, but for the sake of the others could we at least pretend to get along?" He asked me, giving me that look I'm pretty sure he knows I can't resist.

"Okay Marko...but only for the guys." I say with a wink and hug him nonetheless.

He looked taken by surprised, but hugged me close to him.

"Let's get going. David hates waiting." He said pulling away and taking my hand as we walk over to his bike.

-------------------

-----------------

When we come back to the cave, loud music is playing. Dwayne's riding a skateboard around the fountain and Paul is head banging as Michael, Star and David just talk.

"Feeding time! Come and get it boys!" Marko yells when we make our entrance.

"Hey girl, you want?" Paul asks, pointing to the blunt in his hand and I nod, coming towards him and taking the blunt.

"Chinese! Good choice." David said.

"Thanks." Marko and I say in unison and we fake glare at each other.

"Um that was definitely my idea." I clarified and Marko shook his head.

"Nice to see you two are finally getting along again." Dwayne smirked, and took one of the boxes of take out from my hand.

The rest do the same, except for Michael, who hesitates.

"Don't tell me you don't like Chinese." I said looking at him like he was a loon before taking a drag.

"Yeah Michael, It's only rice. Don't you like rice? How can a billion Chinese people be wrong." David continues and I laugh.

David gives me an approving smile and then turns back to Michael. Michael then takes the carton warily and takes a mouthful of rice using the plastic spoon provided. The rest of us begin to eat as well, in silence... well except for the loud music.

"So how do you like those maggots, Michael?" David teased.

"What?..." Michael asks, clearly confused.

"You're eating maggots. How do they taste?" David asks slowly like Michael's stupid.

Michael looks at his food. And from where I was sitting, I saw that it really was filled with maggots. Michael spits out his mouthful in horror and revulsion and throws the carton to the ground. But as the carton spills out, we see that it is just rice after all.

The rest of us begin to laugh at David's little prank, while Michael looks mortified.

"Leave him alone." Star demands.

"Ah, relax Star." I said, now feeling high as a kite. Paul gave me a smile, causing me to giggle.

"Looks like you have the gigs." He teased.

"Sorry, Michael. No hard feelings, huh?" David asks and hands Michael a new carton. "Here. Try these noodles."

Michael looks at the noodles and his expression turns to one of disgust.

"They're Worms." He says unemotionally, clearly tired of these mind games.

"What do you mean, "they're worms"?" David tilts back his head and pours the contents of the

carton into his mouth.

"Don't! Stop!" Michael grabs David's arm.

"Why?" David pretends to play dumb, "They're only noodles, Michael."

David shows Michael the carton again. And sure enough, they are only noodles. Michael is baffled. I begin to laugh but Star glares at me.

"That's enough!"

I stop laughing as Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses comes on the radio. It being one of my favorites, I get up and begin to dance with Laddie, picking him up and spinning him around. I smile as he laughs and then put him down as I approach both Paul and Marko, getting them to dance with me. All thoughts of Michael are forgotten and Star gets Michael to dance with her.

As the song ends, David leaves and returns with the bejeweled bottle of vampire blood. Immediately my mouth begins to water, yet my thirst intensifies.

David takes a long sip of the blood and then hands the bottle to me with a small smile. Desperate for something to drink, I take two long sips and my thirst is somewhat quenched. I then pass the bottle back to David, who gives it to Michael. Michael is about to drink when Star holds his arm.

"Don't Michael. You don't have to. It's blood." She warns him and I glare at her for warning Michael but didn't do the same for me.

Michael examines the contents of the cup and smiles, "Good joke, blood."

The room is silent as we all watch Michael drink, finally he lowers the cup and David looks proud.

He just found another sucker...