Chapter 16

“H-how’d you know?” I ask, genuinely surprised. 

“I was given the opportunity a while back but didn’t take it because I didn’t want to leave you. God, what do we do now?” She paces around the room.

“About that, I was thinking of living with the guys, but coming to visit you at night.” I said and she looked defeated, since I could fix a problem so simply.

“What about not being able to go out into the sun?” She countered.

“I was always a night owl. The blood thing doesn’t bother me anymore and I won’t have to kill innocent people, I can just kill animals or something.” I continue and she nods and looks hesitantly at me before hugging me. 

I hold my breath and try not to breathe in her scent.

“Maria, as much as I love you, I’m not that comfortable being around you by myself yet.” I tell her as I hear her heart pumping and the blood flowing through her veins. 

She quickly pulls away and gives me a weak smile.

“Sorry.” She looks at me sadly. 

“It’s fine. Just something I have to get used to.” I shrugged and backed away.

“Well anyway, I have to go back. The guys think I just left for a fly around the city.”

“Okay. Come back tomorrow?” She asks hopefully and I smile.

“Of course.”

Michael’s POV

I can’t believe Dylan changed. Here I thought she’d be good, and be strong but she took the easy way out. She’s evil, a murderer. Just like the rest of them.

Sam and I are trying our damndest to reverse the vampirism in Laddie, Star and I. I was excited to know that my brother knew vampire hunters. But I didn’t expect them to be little runts. 

“Michael, this is Edgar and Alan Frog.” Sam says introducing me to the two. 

“This guy looks more like a zombie.” Edgar said looking at me distastefully and I flip him off. 

Meanwhile,Alan reaches into his backpack and pulls out a sharpened stake and I flinch.

“Should I run him through?” He asks.

“I’ve only got one question for you, and I want an honest answer.  Have you taken any human victims yet?” Edgar inquires.

“Of course not! But I can’t say the same for Dylan.” I answer sorrowfully.

“Dylan? As in the girl Dylan?” Alan asks shocked.

When I nod, both Sam and Alan looked shocked.