Chapter 9

The boys and I have left the cave and were now walking on a set of train tracks that laid on an old bridge. 

“What are we doing here?” Michael asks.

“Michael wants to know what’s going on. Dylan, what’s going on?” David asks tauntingly.

“I don’t know. Marko? Paul?” I ask teasingly. 

“Who wants to know?” Paul asks, throwing an arm around my shoulder.

“Michael wants to know!” Marko finishes, throwing his arm over my other shoulder. 

Michael rolls his eyes as David and Dwayne begin to laugh. 

We eventually came to a stop in the middle of the bridge. 

“I think we should let Michael know what’s going on. Marko?” David says ominously. 

“Jump after us, and catch the rail. Don’t be scared if you miss, I’ll catch you.” Marko says really softly in my ear before kissing my temple. 

“Goodnight Michael.” Marko says before jumping off of the bridge and yelling ‘Bombs away!’

Michael looked horrified as Marko jumped off the bridge like it was nothing. 

“Bottoms up, man.” Paul says popping his collar up like Dracula, before jumping off. 

Dwayne was next, and snapped his fingers, and making his hands guns and pointing at Michael.

“Dylan?” David asked me expectantly with a smirk, but his eyes showed care like he nor anyone else would let anything happen to me. 

“Later, babe.” I blew him a kiss and jumped off. 

I missed the railing, but I noticed that I was still floating. I was floating in place! I flew up to the railing beside Dwayne, who smiled.

“You caught on fast.” He said impressed, purposely bumping into me and I laughed and whooped with Paul and Marko. 

David soon joins us and Michael finally gains the courage, or stupidity really, to join us. Michael starts to look down and I do the same, smiling at the mysterious fog below us. Suddenly there’s a rumbling in the distance. I look a Dwayne who looks excited. 

“Hold on Dyl!” He yells over the train whistle. 

Michael pales as the track begins to shake the bridge. 

“Hang on!” David yells at Michael. 

I grimace as I try to hold on for dear life. Paul is the first to fall and I laugh yelling ‘WEAK!’

Michael looked at me like I was some sort of loon and I wrap my legs around Dwayne, trying to make him fall as well. As we both try make make the other fall, Marko then falls. I finally beat Dwayne, before falling myself. I fall half way before floating again. I figured out that to make myself fly, I have to think of myself as being light as a feather. 

I met up with the guys back at on top of the bridge. 

“Hey you guys, I’m gonna head back home before Maria gets worried.” I explained and hugged the three vampires.

“Aight, bye girl.” Paul nodded.

“See ya.” Dwayne smiles, that wolfish smile of his.

“G’night Dylan.” Marko gives his charming smile and kisses my cheek, causing Paul to make puking noises and simultaneously Marko and I flip him off.